1

It's been 3 months now. 3 whole months since Greyson and I agreed we needed space. I felt...empty. My days weren't filled with our banter or our jokes, they were filled with an overly touchy boss who was wildly inappropriate and me usually drinking as soon as I got home. Everything reminds me of him. I'd put on a happy face for Marissa and Adam when I'd see them and they'd ask how I'm doing but I am far from happy. The only person who really gets to see me loose my shit is Shawn. He's the one who gets to see me breakdown every week, he's the one who's dealing with a drunk me. But things aren't the same between us anymore either. After Greyson had accused him of being overly flirty and us fucking, Shawn had too much respect for him to get close to me anymore.

I used to feel like I could be open with Adam but after a while he stopped telling me how Greyson was, he stopped assuring me things would be okay, he'd tell me I should just focus on myself. It scares the shit out of me that if Adams not being positive about it, maybe it'd never work out.

We had managed to completely avoids each other for the whole time. Not a glance. Not a text. Nothing. It'd seem like every time I'd see him on the news or whatever he'd look completely fine. Like he had not a care in the world. And then I'd see the articles about me...

"Greyson Reynolds Searches for new PA as he's no longer spotted around town with Juliet Davidson. Their relationship looked to be going smoothly, as they were spotted at the annual Reynolds charity event together, as well as various restaurants and outings together. Though it's been said their relationship was strictly professional it's not hard to see the crack in Reynolds usual hard demeanor when she's around.  One things for sure- we're all wondering what happened to the first woman Reynolds has brought into the spotlight in years?"

I hated reading them but I couldn't help it. They were always there and asking questions. Did I quit? Was I fired? Are we together? Did something happen? It's a constant reminder of everything and I wish they'd just fucking stop. But Shawn tells me to keep my head down and ignore them.

I heard the news last week that Damien was arrested, Greyson's company wasn't the only company he had screwed over. The FBI has caught him and assets were being recovered. I didn't know if Greyson had gotten any of his money back or anything else on the subject. But I was glad, for Greyson's sake, that Damien was in prison and not found dead.

"Jules!" Marissa snapped her fingers in front of my face and I looked back at her, humming. "What?" I asked. She laughed, sipping her drink. "How's work going?" I rolled my eyes. "How do you think works going? I'm surprised Dr. Touchy hasn't had claims filed against him." She laughed, but looked at me with concern. "Babe, you shouldn't be working there. It's disgusting the way he treats you and every other female in the office." I sighed, knowing she was right. But I needed something to keep me busy and the all day hours at the clinic had proven to do the best at that. "I like the long hours. And I like the girls I work with." Though I missed Julia an insane amount. I hadn't seen her either. "Are you coming to the cookout tomorrow?" She's been asking me for a week, to which I'd give her the same answer, I don't know. I sighed. "I don't think I'll be able to make it, Marissa." She rolled her eyes in frustration, crossing her arms. Not only did I not want to be surrounded by a ton of people instead of at home in bed, but I didn't want even the smallest possibility of seeing Greyson. "You're both the same." She mumbled, but I heard her. "Please come, Adam and I really want you there." She gave me these wide puppy dog eyes and I sighed, nodding. "Great! Now let's finish shopping." She got up from the table, dumping her food in the trash and I followed her actions.

I got to the car and saw Shawn in the phone. "Yes sir." "Leaving now." "Okay." He hung up the phone and saw me standing there. I'd be naive to think Greyson didn't still keep tabs on me, even after Damien was arrested. I sighed, getting in the car, waiting for him. Shawn got in, and started to drive towards my apartment. "Its his way of caring." He said. I didn't say anything, just continued starring out the window. I felt anything but cared for. In the beginning I had hoped he'd come back to me and tell me he couldn't live without me by his side but that hope was short lived the moment I saw his beaming smile in the tabloids. He'd be okay without me.