(TW) When You Flinch During An Argument - Ieyasu

Start from the beginning

He sucked in a breath.

"AND YOU DIDN'T THINK TO TELL ANYONE WHERE YOU WERE GOING!" Ieyasu yelled pushing harder with his hands on your arms causing slight pain.

At this point he was kind of scaring you, you had never saw Ieyasu act like this before and it surprised you.

"I..I tried but you were in c...council and there were no maids around" you revealed stuttering because of how much you hated to argue with him. Plus the shock was making it harder to get your words out.

He pushed harder and that's when you felt the most pain

"Owwww, I..Ieyasu that hurts" you notified him

He immediately let go your arms, realising what he was doing. He looked into your glassy eyes.

You rubbed one of your arms with the hand of the other.

"Yakishobu wanted...." You trailed off when you saw Ieyasu lift his arm up and in this moment you thought he was going to hurt you

"SO YOU WERE WITH A MAN!!!!!"

Flinching, you quickly covered your face with your hurt arms from Ieyasu's grasp and burst out crying, pleading with him.

"P...please d..d..don't hurt m..me, please"

Ieyasu's eyes went wide as he slowly backed away from you hitting his back off the opposite wall, sliding down it until he slumped on the floor. His head in his hands.

You hadn't looked up because you were too afraid but after you managed to coax your gaze up your eyes focused on Ieyasu, you could here quiet sobs racking through his body.

"Y...Y/n" Ieyasu called you but kept his head down. "I..I'm sorry" 

You wiped your tears with the back of your arm and walked over to him, kneeling down beside him.

As soon as he sensed you next to him he lifted his head and pulled you into his arms.

The split second before you were encompassed in his arms, you saw his red eyes and tear tracks stained on his face.

You both carried on crying and latched onto each other

"Y/n, I'm really s..sorry, please forgive me. I'd never h..hurt you, believe me that wasn't what I was going to d..do". He pleaded with you running his hands down the back of your head, feeling your hair through his fingers. 

"I......Know" you squeezed him tighter crying into his shoulder.

Ieyasu could feel his clothes becoming damp and honestly he couldn't care at all.

"We should head back to the castle" He stood up and you did too, but then he looked down. "That is if you even want to come back with me".

He took a deep breath and waited for your answer, the suspense was killing him

You frowned a little and walked over to him and entwined your hand with his.

His eyes opened wider when he felt your hand wrapped around his. He looked down at his hand and squeezed yours with love and moved his gaze to your face and formed his expression into a relived smile

"Let's go" You said.

TIME SKIP

You and Ieyasu returned to the castle and he walked you to your room, shutting the door before he sat down on your futon that was splayed out on the floor ready for you to get in and retire for the night. You came and sat next to him.

You started the conversation, building up all the courage you could muster to look him in the eyes.

"Ieyasu?, I'm sorry I didn't tell you where I was" You apologised, playing with your fingers.

He placed his hand on top of yours

"Of course I forgive you, but please promise me you will never leave Azuchi without me or my vassals and who was that guy you were with?" Ieyasu asked you while looking into your eyes, as though he found them the most interesting things ever.

"Thank you, I'm glad we can put this behind us, Yakishobu is just a friend, he wanted to catch up as we haven't seen each other in awhile. I love only you, Ieyasu" You answered with the honest truth returning his gaze.

"I love you too" He looked down and saw the bruises begin to form from where he held you to tight. "Though I am very sorry, I let my anger get the best of me and not only did I hurt you with my grip but I scared you too, I hope you know I would never hurt you intentionally" Ieyasu looked like he was going to cry again. He doesn't cry except when it's to do with you.

"I know, Ieyasu" you pointed to the marks on your arms "And seriously this is nothing" 

You ran your hand over the marks to show him that they don't bother you and they don't hurt and that it's okay.

"I'll be back soon, let me just get you some salve" You started to protest but he put his finger to your lips

He got up and reached the door, he turned around and looked at you one last time before walking through the door, seeing that smile on your face he felt like he was truly forgiven. 

TIME SKIP

After Ieyasu got back he asked you if he could come in but when you didn't answer he didn't hesitate to pull back the screen. 

His heart skipped a beat when he saw you lying all curled up in your futon enjoying the warmth of your blankets.

He walked in quietly, careful not to wake you up, placing the salve off to the side and slipping under the covers with you

He leaned over you, placed a kiss on your forehead and whispered

"I love you Y/n and that will never change"

AUTHORS NOTE

I think the endings a bit blah, sorry about that