"How long?" I asked, sitting up.

"A really long time...years. I didn't know how to tell you but after seeing you with Harry today, I knew I had to. I'm not just going to give you up that easy Grace."

"You saw me."

"I almost kicked the freaking door down."

"Liam...I'm sorry."

"It's okay"

Liam stayed for another hour, talking and laughing like we usually did. I had been worried about our friendship but I knew now that we would be okay. I had agreed to go on a date with him and I didn't regret it at all. When he was gone, I texted Sammy and told her the new. She didn't think it was a good idea at first but then told me that it was up to me and that she just didn't want to see anyone get hurt. She answered right away when I called her.

"Sammy, I want to go on this date with Liam. I don't even know what will happen with Harry but I agreed to try it out and I'm going."

"Okay Grace. Just be careful."

"I will."

"Oh guess what? Calum asked me out on a date!"

"Sammy that's so great."

"I am sooooo excited."

"I'm really happy for you same. I'm going to go to bed but I will see you tomorrow."

I climbed under my covers, immediately falling asleep.

...................

My alarm woke me up to go to school and I grabbed my phone, turning the alarm off. When I noticed that I had a text from Harry, my heart rate picked up a bit.

Harry: Mornin' beautiful ;)

I literally face palmed, feeling really bad.

Me: Hi Harry!

Harry: So will I see you at school today?

Me: I guess you will.

Harry: Meet me before school in the courtyard.

Me: Okay! J

Harry: J

Harry's POV

I couldn't wait to see Grace. I immediately text her as soon as I got up and told her to meet me before school. I saw her as soon as soon as I pulled into the parking lot. I actually liked my new piece of junk car I had bought yesterday. It took a few tries to start and had rust spots but I didn't care. I just needed something to get me around town.

Grace was wearing a yellow dress that showed off her curves. She looked absolutely breathtaking and it was hard to breathe as I made my way over to her.

"Wow, you look incredible."

"Thank you Harry. You look really nice too without, you know, the nachos on your shirt."

I smiled at her and pulled her into a hug. Her hands pressed to my back and I smiled into her hair. I barely knew her but right now, I felt like I did. Something had just clicked from the moment I met her. I knew it was more than her stunning good looks. I motioned for her to sit down next to me on a bench.

"So...I want to know more about you Grace."

She blushed, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Oh okay. Well...there's not really much to know. I told you I was a waitress. Let's see, I have two brothers. My older brother is Austin and I have a younger brother, Zander. They are really annoying and do really stupid stuff. Sammy and Liam have been my best friends for years. I play soccer and Paris is my favorite place in the entire world although I've never been."

I smiled, feeling a bit of warmth rise to my cheeks.

"Your turn Harry."

My heart rate picked up, not really knowing how much to tell her about myself. She was just a normal girl but my situation was far from normal. Although things are better now, I wasn't sure how I felt about opening up about my past. I didn't want to scare her off. As soon as I looked at her, I knew I couldn't just lie. If there was any chance of 'us' she would find out eventually, right?

"Grace, I'm just going to be really honest with you."

"Okay." She nodded.

"Um...I haven't had the best home life. My parents split up a long time ago and I lived with my dad."

I shook my head, not knowing how I could ever get through this. She grabbed my hand.

"It's okay Harry."

"Okay...so I lived with him for a couple of years and he was really abusive with me but I never told anybody until way later. He was really just awful, physically and emotionally too. He really got into my head. So...I got really bad for a while. I really got off track and had really bad anger issues that I'm just now recovering from. I live with my mom now too. I'm sorry to be so straight forward with you but I really don't know how else to be anymore." I admitted honestly.

She smiled squeezing my hand with her tiny one. I had never been so open with anyone in my life. Something about Grace...I have no idea what it is.

"Harry, I'm glad you were honest. The worst way to start off a friendship is by lying."

Friendship? What? Did she not want more because I sure as hell did? I frowned and nodded my head.