9† Demons Within

Start from the beginning

She leaned through the bars slightly reaching out to Abel, "Those men were far beyond innocent! You're a bigger fool than I thought if you believe that shit! Who are you to judge about killing innocents? Did you not kill many innocents when you arrived? How many in the end? Did you count them? Did you keep track of each life you took? I could tell you how many I've killed in my lifetime, but you would never believe me... Besides, I only wanted to talk to you. I mean, I did bring you down here now didn't I? After all, I never did like fetching my prey. I'd rather my snacks come right to me." She slinked backwards watching him.

"Who and what are you? A ghost? Someone trying to send a message?" Abel looked over to the window and held his ear piece as a screech rang through it. As it didn't stop but instead rang louder, he removed it and tossed it across the floor. He clutched his ear while half bent over in pain. "Gah! What in the?" He watched as the woman squatted down to the floor to his level, a smile on her lips.

"You keep asking me questions like you don't know me Abel. Why's that?" She glared and looked to the room as Tres made his way to the door. Before his hands could make contact with the metal door it slammed shut and buzzed red before him, he stopped as smoke started to billow out from his seams as if he was malfunctioning.

William stared in shock running to the rescue of the Android man, "Tres? How in the world did you break down?"

Mary tapped William's shoulder watching the woman and Abel talk as the woman held out her hand towards Tres and the door, clearly having something to do with the mess at hand.

Abel looked up knowing he was cut off from hearing anything from Lady Caterina anymore with his earpiece acting up. "Okay, you got me. I'm locked in here alone with you without any communication outside. Now what do you want with me?"

The woman pouted standing back up angrily clenching her fists at her hips. "How can you look at me and not even say anything?" She reached out to his coat and pulled him up to the bars harshly, making him almost lucky he stood on the opposite side of the bars from her.

Abel's forehead smashed against the metal and his glasses fell to the floor, a small clang as they collided with the floor. He then looked up to the Woman with a deadly glare, "I think you would want to regret doing that to me. I don't want to fight anyone, but I will if I have to."

The woman snarled in his face pulling him tighter, slamming his head against the metal once more, "Like you could take me on! You're weak! You have become too simplified like the humans themselves. Domesticated from the beast you once were. How the hell are you supposed to protect anyone if you can't stop your loved ones from dying? You're the one who will regret ever trying to fight me." She shoved him back and stood a ways back from his reach. She smiled seeing him grow angrier with each passing moment. She gestured a hand to the celled door as it buzzed and opened on command. "Why don't you give it a shot... 02..." She paced herself into a circle swirling her hair around her body.

Abel glared at the woman before the rage took over his body. He bolted through the door, only for it to close behind him, buzzing red as it locked. This left him with nearly no escape. "Who the hell are you? Why do you act like you know so much about me?" He stood facing her, but giving a profile view to everyone in the booth.

Mary and Caterina both sat on the edge of their seats while William stared in shock still at Tres trying to help the Machine. Most of the other workers were shooed away from the scene or sent to work in a different direction. Mary looked to Caterina, "Miss... What is Abel?"

Caterina frowned and looked at him in the room, "Abel is our biggest asset when it comes to fighting vampires... He's our deadliest weapon, nicknamed the 'Crusnik.'"