Chapter 33: Sons of the Xu Family

At the entrance of Ye Manor, two refined young men alighted from the carriage. The one in front looked briefly at the steward standing at the entrance who was waiting to welcome them at the gates of Ye Manor. A trace of dissatisfaction flashed in the young man's eyes.

With a disgruntled sound, he turned his heads towards the horse-drawn carriage and said: "It would seem like elder brother's face isn't enough. No one came to welcome us."

The adolescent behind was older by two years. He glanced at the one in front and said: "Did elder brother allow you to accompany him to show off?"

The young man in front pretends he didn't hear and made a silly face towards his older brother. "Who cares? I only came to visit older sister Li."

"Xu Qing Yan, you need to pay attention to how you conduct yourself." A calm voice said from within the carriage.

Xu Qing Yan looked towards his older brothers with wide eyes and complains despondently: "Second brother is even more fierce than eldest brother."

Xu Qing Bai rolled his eyes at him. You know that he's fierce, yet you still provoke him?

Standing on the side, the steward of Ye Manor was in an awkward place as he watched the two brothers of the Tu family talk. Apparently, these two brothers treated his invitation like it went in one ear and out the other. They had no intention of entering the door. Not to mention, there were still people in the carriage that had yet to show themselves. With hesitation, the steward didn't know if he should step forth and offer another invitation.

Within the manor, an excited voice drifted towards the group. "Is that Fourth older brother and Fifth younger brother?" It was Ye Li.

Xu Qing Bai leaned over and looked at the young lady in green hurrying over to them. The gaze that was just filled with something a little peculiar thawed after Ye Li came. It was more tranquil and warm. "Li-er, I am your Fourth Older Brother. Do you still remember?"

Ye Li nodded slightly. Xu Qing Bai was the fourth child of the Xu family; he was about her age., being older by only one year. That was why, when she was still young, he was the person closest to her. Whenever she was with the Xu family, the two went to school and played together.

"Fourth Older Brother..."

"Haha, older sister Li-er, I am Qing Yan." Xu Qing Yan rushed forth, not wanting to be left out.

Ye Li looked at the cute boy before her. Her lips curved into a smile and said: "Fifth younger brother is all grown up, looking more and more like eldest aunt. When you left the capital that year, you were still a little baby."

Xu Qing Yan's handsome face immediately crumbles. "Older sister Li is bullying me."

"Where are Eldest brother, Second older brother, and Third older brother?"

The curtain on the carriage is lifted. Xu Qing Feng jumped off the carriage with a chuckle and said: "Fortunately, Li-er still remembers this Third older brother. Otherwise, Third older brother would be jealous."

Two more young men, following the first, alighted from the carriage. The two were Xu family's eldest son who is acclaimed to be the first Ranked Scholar, Xu Qing Chen, and second son, Xu Qing Ze.

"Li-er," Xu Qing Chen, in a white robe, looked at Ye Li with a gentle smile.

Different from Xu Qing Chen's elegant and refined aura, though Xu Qing Ze was just 19 years old, he was more mature and noble. It gave people the impression that he was cold and distant. Nevertheless, Ye Li could still see the love and warmth within his gaze.