Chapter 16: To Provoke Di Elder Sister, In Need of a Spanking!

The matter of impeachment due to the emperor's ordinary punishment seemed to have reached its end, but the influence that followed was far from finished. After Ye Shangshu[1] had left the imperial court and still hadn't returned home yet, the morning court's matter had already spread among the entire capital's influential families with the speed of the wind.

What he was even more unaware of was from where it was spread that Ye Shangshu had betrayed his daughter for personal gain when he saw that Li w.a.n.g[2] didn't like his own family's unremarkable third daughter and prompted his fourth daughter who had the name of being the number one beauty in the capital to entice his highness Li w.a.n.g.

One person said that it was a groundless allegation. One hundred people said that it indeed seemed to be the truth. No matter where he went, Ye Shangshu seemed to feel that the gaze with which other people looked at him was different from usual. In the end, he could only endure his melancholy as he hurriedly finished dealing with government affairs so that he could return to the fu[3].

When Qing Shuang with a face that rejoiced in others' misfortune told Ye Li of the rumors from outside, Ye Li only smiled indifferently and paid no heed to it. It was only on the inside that she was somewhat worried that this action would because of jiujiu[4] bring trouble. Except second jiujiu wasn't at all the reckless sort who was unaware of propriety; since he had done it like this, he naturally had his own reason and idea.

But as for fuqin[5] not taking his anger out on her because of this time's matter, Ye Li was actually somewhat surprised; after all, when Ye Shangshu had angrily and hurriedly returned to the fu yesterday, even w.a.n.g shi[6] and Ye Ying were scolded. Perhaps it wasn't at all that he didn't plan on taking his anger out on her–after all, he had already rushed into Qing Yi Xuan yesterday. It was just that she didn't know why but after just entering the room, he didn't say anything and just turned around and left.

Perhaps it was the rarely seen kind of sudden guilty conscience? Indifferently sweeping a glance around the room's plain and simple furnishings, Ye Li casually wondered.

Leisurely sitting in front of the window with her head lowered as she did her embroidery, a violet iris gradually begun to take shape in her hands. Embroidery was the kind of matter that required patience and what Ye Li who was a sniper in her former life lacked in the least was patience. And in this life, muqin[7] had personally started teaching her to embroider from the age of six; these years, she had also gradually fell in love with this skill. Because of the former memories she once had, Ye Li naturally possessed more experience and knowledge compared to the people from this era; the things done by her own hand had always had somewhat more unique charm and ingeniousness compared to other people.

From within the yuanzi[8] came the vague sound of noise. Ye Li's eyebrows were knitted as she lifted her head, "Qing Xia, what's going on outside?"

"Replying to xiaojie[9], it's Rong shaoye[10] who came back. He's outside the yuan[11] making noise about wanting to see xiaojie." Qing Xia respectfully answered.

Ye Li faintly smiled, conveniently pinning the embroidery needle into the silk cloth before standing up, "Let's go take a look." The only male in the entire Ye fu—Ye Rong, aged thirteen[a] this year, was studying in an academy that was famous in the capital. Ye Rong was influenced by w.a.n.g shi; since he was little, he didn't like Ye Li this di[12] elder sister. Ever since Xu shi had pa.s.sed away, as the fu's only male child as well as being the di son, he looked at Ye Li even more straightforwardly with his nose turned up. Being able to see him several times in a year already wasn't bad; when was there ever a situation in which he had to personally run over to want to see Ye Li? There was no need to say it; it was naturally because of yesterday's matter when w.a.n.g shi and Ye Ying were scolded by fuqin. He had just come back from school yesterday and today he was in a hurry to fight for justice on the behalf of his muqin and elder sister.