Cph. 1

Leo Tsuji, an ordinary soul reaper, was sitting at a base of a tree enjoying the quiet, the wind blew a gentle breeze through the trees making the leaves shiver.

Leo looked up at the trees, his eyes darting from tree branch to tree branch, until he sighed and closed his eyes, his body relaxing under the sounds of the forest.

He almost drifted on to the dream land, until somebody cleared their throat in front of him, that made Leo jump up and put a hand on his zanpakuto's handle "there's no need for violence Leo"

Tsuji blinked in surprise "ah Tōsen-Taichō, you scared me" Leo rubbed the back of his head sheepishly "if you don't mind me asking taichō, what brings you here?" Leo stood up straight and looked at Tōsen

"I came here to tell you that you got an assignment" Leo narrowed his eyes but didn't interrupt the captain "your assignment is to guard karakura town from hollows"

Leo stares at Tōsen in confusion "but Rukia Kuchiki is already guarding the town"

"I know this is unusual but it's an order from Sōtaichō apparently Rukia asked for assistance for guarding the town, you're going because you're one of not many soul reapers who can use their Shikai" Tōsen said in an authoritative voice "and this assignment will be your punishment for not doing your duties"

"Bu-" Leo stopped when Tōsen raised his arm, he stared at the captain for a second and sighed in defeat "Hai Taichō"

————————————————————————
Couple of hours later.
——————————————————————

Leo steeps through the portal that connected the soul world from the human world, the portal closed behind him, Leo stared at the building that lit up the nights sky and sighed "I just hope there won't be any hollows" not a second later he heard a Hollows scream.

"I hate my luck" Leo sped off to the place he heard the hollow, once he got there he found the hollow holding in his hand ready to it, Leo unsheathed his sword, that caught the hollows attention "A soul reaper? I'm lucky, you'll be very tasty" the hollow charged at Leo, cocking back his arm getting ready to punch Leo.

Leo didn't say a word and barely moved when the hollow charged at him, Leo waited for the hollow to get close to him "Ha! I got y-" the hollows didn't get the chance to finish his sentence as his body fell to the ground, whilst his head flew couple of yards further, Leo stared at the hollows body for a second and turned to the soul who was covering behind a lamp post.

"Y-you killed it" the soul came out of his hiding spot and walked over to Leo "thank you, thank you" Leo raised his sword and gently tapped the souls forehead with the swords handle, the soul took a step backwards but stopped as he noticed he was glowing, he looked up at Leo and smiled before disappearing.

Leo sheathed his sword and jumped to a rooftop of a nearby building, sensing any reiatsu, he sighed as he didn't feel any abnormalities, he turned his eyes to the town, the town looked like a dozen fireflies in the nights sky.

Leo wanted to sit down, but he felt a huge spike in reiatsu, he silently cursed and moved to the location where he felt the reiatsu coming from,
Once there Leo saw an injured Rukia, a teenager with orange hair and a really big sword.

"A zanpakuto that big?" He noticed the boy staring at him and jumped down in front of him "I guess I'm late" Leo dodged a swing from the teenager "what the h-"

"If you would've been here sooner my family wouldn't be hurt!" The teen screamed at Leo's face.

"I'm sorry but I was occupied with an another hollow" Leo said with a bit of sarcasm in his voice.

"Stop fighting like kids and help me!" Rukia shouted at both of us.

Leo sighed and walked up to Karen's body, he put a hand over her head and. Mumbles some words "what are you doing?" Asked the teen

"Changing the memories of this encounter" Leo  said as he removed his hand form Karen's head, he looked at rukia "you know what you did was punishable" rukia stared Leo in the eyes and nodded.

"That's all I could do at the moment"

————————————————————————
Don't expect this to be a good book,
The story will be almost the same as in the anime, but I'll change some aspects.
Like I said I wouldn't get your hopes up for good writing and story