Chapter Twenty Five - Run

Start from the beginning

"Hey Asher! About time you came to class." I joked as he laughed lightly and winked at me. "I only came in to see you. I don't really care for demonology." He smirked, making me smile at his compliments.

"I also have to ask you something after class." He whispered, leaning in close to my ear. I nodded and smiled. I was about to ask him what was going on but the teacher came in and started class.

All throughout class all I could do was think about Nick and Sabrina. Were they going together for Lupercalia? Did Nick still love me? When I broke it off with him Nick was devastated but he didn't really fight for me and that really hurt me too. Should I forget Nick? Should I just let him go and give Asher a chance? Before I even knew it, class was dismissed and Vera was dragging me away from the classroom.

"Lucresia! Wait up!" Asher called after me and approached me hurriedly. Vera smirked at me and nudged my side, walking off slowly. I chuckled at her foolishness and looked at Asher expectantly. Is he going to ask me to be his partner for Lupercalia? If he does, I don't know what I would say.

"So... I think you know what I want to ask you. I know you broke up with Nick last week and I don't know if it's too soon but... Would you want to be my pair to Lupercalia? We don't even have to participate we can do something else!" He rambled on as my heart dropped.

I'm not sad because he's asking me out; I'm flattered but... I love Nick and going out with Asher won't change that Nick has my heart. Asher was beaming while waiting for my answer but my eyes trailed off behind Asher. Nick and Sabrina sitting on the stairs, laughing and reading a book.

I can't take this anymore.

I looked at Asher and turned on my heel rapidly. I ran. I ran straight through Nick and Sabrina and up the stairs. I ran through the hallway and ran into my dorm room. I slammed the door behind me and took deep breaths, earning a surprised look from Vera who was gathering her Conjuring books.

"Lucresia, what the fuck?! I leave you two seconds with Asher and jus- What?" Vera questioned me as I broke down crying, with my heads in my hands. "I can't do it Vera. I can't be happy without him. I can't do this." I cried as she approached me and hugged me tightly. Just what I needed. A hug.

"What happened?" She whispered as I stepped back from her and looked at her. she had a worried expression on her face. I want to get over Nick, I want to forget him but I can't. I can't just forget someone that meant so much to me.

"I don't think that he loves me anymore." I stated while my voice broke. Vera looked taken back as she gave me a pitiful look and sighed.

     "Are you talking about Nick?" She asked as I nodded slowly and she pulled a tight smile

"Are you talking about Nick?" She asked as I nodded slowly and she pulled a tight smile. Who would've thought that my confidant would be Vera?

"Lucresia I don't know frankly. I don't know if he loves you anymore and I don't know if he doesn't. All I do know is that when he was with you, he was happy. He was much nicer, and now that he's not; he's an asshole. I'm sure he misses you as much as you miss him." Vera reassured and honestly I really appreciated Vera in this instant.

"You're right..." I whispered as she smiled.

"Just think that you're probably the best thing that happened to him and now he has to settle for Sabrina, yuck." Vera joked a I smiled lightly at her attempts at trying to make me feel any better. Suddenly I remembered Asher and felt like straight shit.

"Oh my satan... I left Asher hanging." I said as Vera rolled her eyes and smiled. "What are you waiting for?! Go snatch him up!" She said pushing me towards the door and I complied. I speed-walked down to the lobby and saw Asher sitting on a bench by the statue. I took a breath and walked towards him, pushing Nick and everything else to the back of my mind.

"I could go with you to pairing... or do whatever you want." I said slowly as Asher looked up and jumped up from his seat smiling. He is so energetic sometimes, he just injects happiness into me.

"For real? You won't regret it Lucresia." He said nicely as I smiled and pursed my lips. I hope I don't, I really do hope. He laughed cutely and looked off, he was blushing. Cute.

     I took in his smile and grinned widely but my smile was wiped off my face as my eyes darted to the balcony and saw Nick looking at me with a straight face

I took in his smile and grinned widely but my smile was wiped off my face as my eyes darted to the balcony and saw Nick looking at me with a straight face. No Sabrina to be seen around him. I stared straight into his face, he looked hurt. Did he care? He raised and eyebrow and shook his head, walking off down the hallway.

"Hey Asher, I'll be back." I said and went up the stairs. Following Nick down the hallway but he was long gone. I pulled my lips together and turned around, ready to walk off and forget about Nick watching me from the balcony but was stopped by a grip on my arm.

     "Why?" I turned around to see Nick giving me a confused look mixed with sadness. Were those tears in his eyes? Had he been crying? My heart was racing. I started taking in shallow breaths.

"What do you mean?" I asked him sternly. Looking at him like this was breaking my heart all over again. I don't want Nick to hurt because of me because I love him. "Why him? Are you really going to participate with him?" He asked me in a hushed tone as I instantly frowned when I heard him.

"Nick... I don't understand. You're with Sabrina now." I answered as his face fell and he looked down at his feet and then looked up to me once again. "Is that what you think of me? You think I would run to Sabrina that fast?" He asked with his voice breaking and tears daring to spill. Yes.

"I don't know... That's what it seemed like." I whispered as he closed his eyes and stepped back. I don't want to hurt Nick but he knew what he was doing and he knew how it looked like. I looked at him with sorrow and hurt in my eyes.

"Lucresia you know why. You know that I love you." He said and stepped towards me. I gulped and looked him at the eyes. I am never going to get over him if things like this are going to keep happening. I love him so much it hurts. I let it all go and grabbed his face smashing my lips into his.

Nick kissed me back passionately as I smiled into the kiss. I missed his touch so much. I can't be with him though... This is wrong. I pulled back and took in deep breaths looking around the hallway making sure that no one was around to see me slip and give in to my temptation.

"I love you too." I said and turned around walking away, leaving Nick with a smile on his face.

***

oh oh ohhhh THEY BROKE UP and are trying to move on but CANT because of love. what do yall think is going to happen next? comment your opinion!

Thank you for reading x