jonathan x reader

title: come home, my love

     "Oh, Jonathan," you began, your dainty hand reaching up to caress his sharp cheeks, "must you leave? I hate the thought of you not coming back."

     Jonathan sighed and placed his larger hand over your smaller one. He leaned into it tenderly. "(Name), I shall always come home to you."

     That comment made you smile, although the circumstances were quite saddening. That was the effect that Jonathan had on you - well, anyone really; Jonathan always knew how to make you feel better, and how to make you forget any of your troubles. He was perfect, and you couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend.

     Jonathan was going after his brother, Dio, as Dio had gone on some sort of inhuman rampage and had murdered Jonathan's father. You had heard that Dio had some sort of extraterrestrial power that could easily kill anyone he wanted, and you were worried that Jonathan would get caught up in that.

     "I love you, Jonathan," you began to cry, "And I always will. Please, my love, come back safely. I don't know what I would do if you left forever."

     The marine blue eyes of your boyfriend glossed over with tears and he quickly brought you into a tight embrace. "And I love you," he quietly muttered into your shoulder. He held you tightly, and it seemed as though he didn't want to let go.

     "Jonathan!" Called the voice of his friend, Speedwagon, "it's time to leave! Say goodbye to your girlfriend and let's go!"

     Reluctantly, Jonathan pulled away, his arms still holding your arms. He looked into your eyes tenderly. "I'm awfully sorry."

     Jonathan reached down to your lips and kissed you tenderly, with all of the love he hadn't managed to get out yet. After a while, he pulled away, and waved solemnly. He opened the door and left, not looking back.

    Around thirty minutes after he left, you finally got out of your little trance he'd put on you. Halfway through folding your clothes, you sunk to your knees and wept.

     What if Jonathan forgot about you? What if he took far too long and you would end up falling for someone else? - no, wait, that would never be possible - and what if Jonathan never came back?

========

     It had been one week since Jonathan had left and your tears never seemed to cease. In the morning, you would cry for your Jonathan to come back and wake you up, and at night, you would cry for your Jonathan to kiss you goodnight.

     However, while you were ironing the laundry, there was a knock at your door. Running down the large hallway of the (last name) estate, you stopped at the door to the outside world. And then, at that point, you realised that you hadn't gone outside since Jonathan had left. Had you really been that sad...?

     Slowly, you opened the door, expecting to find Speedwagon or Zeppeli reporting that Jonathan had died. But no - there, in front of your door, was a tall man with gigantic muscles and bright blue hair. This man was a little dirty, and his shoes looked worn.

     This man was Jonathan...!

     "JoJo!" You exclaimed happily, throwing your arms around his large figure. Jonathan was quick to react and threw his arms around you tooo. "Oh, JoJo, how I missed you so! I'm so glad you've come back!"

     "Yes, I'm glad too," he said through his tears of joy, "and Dio's gone. He's not going to bother anyone else ever again."

     "Thank God! I had never taken a liking to him!"

     "Neither did I, but I had to."

     "I suppose so. And how did your trip go?"

     Jonathan took a strand of your hair in between his fingers and twirled it around as he explained everything that had happened, and at some parts he did shed a few tears, like the part about Zeppeli.

     "However," He said, in a different tone, "There's something else I'd like to say to you."

     "What is it?" You replied, your heart beating faster than usual.

     "I know that we have only been seeing each other for a few months, but I feel a bond with you that I've never felt with any other lady before. Please, (name)," he got down on one knee, "would you please do me the honour of becoming Lady Joestar?"

     You gasped, your hands flying up to cover your mouth. If you weren't crying before, you were crying now. Slowly, you nodded. "Yes! Oh my goodness, yes! I... of course I will!"

     "That's good. (Name) Joestar... I like the sound of that."