Coddy, Coddington, Cods

"Jesus... Look at this place it's-" Henley didn't get to finish as, in his distraction he found his foot lodged in a murky puddle of sickly water"Damn" he muttered, feeling a little sick. Y/n glared at the boy.

 "Do you want to  die of radiation?"  the H/c haired girl shouted and he shrugged "Preferably not, but whatever-"

"God, your such an Idiot! We've been travelling for hours now and all you've done is step in puddles! Y-" Y/n paused at the low growling that sounded below the earth, She looked to Nate, who's eyes where trained on the destroyed entrance to what looked like the towns sewers. Henley gripped onto the girls shoulder motioning for her to be quiet just as another guttural screech sounded, this time echoing sounding far clearer and more angry.

Nate made the decision for the group shouting for them to run and run they did.

That beast was a fight for another day, when they had more than one revolver between them. The group hadn't stopped running until they met back up with Codsworth, A levitating, round silver robot who had previously resided with Nate and his family as their Butler/nanny. Although they had only had a brief run in with the companion, Y/n had taken a liking to him immediately, finding his character and the way he spoke a refreshing change to the thick gravelly american accents.

"Aha hello dad, Y/n, James. I must say, you look rather worn out! Whatever where you doing? Running from some hooligans I suppose?" He chirped with an exaggerated sigh, trimming away at dead bush that stood outside the shell of what used to be a family house.

"S-something like that..." Y/n breathed out with scrunched eyebrows "Say Codsworth how long where you alone here for? You know... after we went down under."

"Did Sir not tell you? Oh, 210 years dear. It has been a long time... hard to keep myself busy you know. The water here really doesn't quite polish cars like it used to." 

The E/c eyed girl choked on air, Henley tensed and Nate simply looked down guiltily, The ex-soldier had wanted to tell them but he just didn't know when would be the right time to say 'hey we've been asleep for 2 centuries!' 

"Two hundred... two hundred and ten years? Codsworth, is it true?" Y/n breathed out, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Yes miss, I'm afraid it is" The robot said gravely Waving his long metal arms around "But hey ho! you're here now and with these to chaps too, You'll do just fine dear." He said softly, bobbing up and down as the girl rubbed her arms with her palms.

 "Well... I hope your right" Y/n said meekly, Nate noticed her sunken posture and gave her head a light pat with an unusual smile that the two mechanics hadn't seen before, Y/n glanced up at Nate's brown eyes thinking how the smile suited him.

"Of course He is Y/n, from what I can see you've handled Henley for all those years so you can handle the wasteland now." He said comfortingly, sending a smirk to the fellow male who scoffed rolling his Icy grey-blue eyes "Was that a joke? Did he just make a joke? Wow. That's new." Henley countered in fake shock and Y/n shook her head with a light snort "All right! All right! we better find those people Cods was talking about before nightfall comes... If it even comes round here... Jesus it's hot" Y/n said whiping her brow as The two (who could nod) Nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. We'll be back Codsworth."  Nate said walking away looking tense as he scanned the horizon thinking about Shaun, his smile fell as more and more thoughts gave way to flood his mind. Henley hummed with slacked shoulders as he patted The robots head "Laters Coddington" 

"Erm... Codsworth, It's Codsworth" The silver butler said in a scolding tone, the 210 something year old shrugged with a lazy smirk.

"Sure Coddy" Henley said saluting before following up Nate who was inspecting a box thoroughly.

"Keep out of trouble Cods" Y/n said in a light tone, the robot laughed "I'll try my best miss, take care." She nodded "You too" With a light smile she approached the two Men swinging a crowbar to an imaginary song as she went. 

All sharing looks of determination the trio set off, scouting the dusty and toxic grounds.