Bonus Chapter 5: Our daughter

Well first and foremost, here you go with the last bonus chapter of For Her. Now this story is officially over. I had other bonus chapters in mind but I just lost interest in continuing this book with bonus chapters, and I guess you too  :/ Anyways, this book was great but it's now time to end it. Moreover, for the OS: We are family and The one that got away, I'll write at least One Bonus chapter for each one. Then, I think I may stop writing about Shivika here. I'm having another account dedicated to them which is active, I've almost finished writing a SS about Narbhi and I'm thinking about another plot. Finally, some of you wanted RuVya Bonus chapters too. I'm sorry but I can't write on them, even though I love the super six, I have no 'bound' with Ruvya, I don't really feel like writing about them, sorry.

This OS is about Rikara and Omri...

Three years into their marriage, Om and Gauri got blessed with a baby girl who they named Mara. As Mara and Omri grew older, their bond as sisters grew stronger. However, while Om and Gauri were loving their daughters equally, few members of the family couldn't help loving more the blood relation over the relation by heart.

Everything began when Gauri went into labour. Even before the birth of the child, the woman had noticed a slight change in her mother-in-law's behavior towards Omri. She noticed that Jhanvi who used to pamper Omri with gifts every now and then, wouldn't even buy her some snacks or candies, everything she bought was destined to the unborn baby. At first, Gauri believed that it was just her mother-in-law's excitement for the birth of a new soul but then she realized Jhanvi's true feelings when she went into labour.

Actually, Gauri wasn't supposed to give birth that day. It was just a game of fate that when she was helping Omri cleaning her room she walked over a toy and slipped. During that moment, there was only Jhanvi home, except for Gauri and Omri. Gauri wouldn't have believed it if someone had told her that her sweet mother-in-law was harsh, but then she saw the scene with her own eyes. She saw when Jhanvi pulled Omri and was about to slap her in a fit of rage, but Gauri herself stopped Jhanvi despite her pain.

"What are you doing mom?"

"Don't you see that because of her..."

"She has done nothing... and actually... aah!" Gauri didn't manage to finish her sentence as a wave of pain hit her and she knew that she had to go to the hospital.

When she gave birth to Mara, Jhanvi would pay no heed to Omri, she was ignoring her to such extent that one day, the poor girl cried in her father's arms asking why Dadi wasn't loving 'Omi' anymore.

Furious with his mother, Om had stormed into her room and asked: "Why are you behaving like that with Omri?"

"Shh Mara is sleeping!" Jhanvi reprimanded him.

"Don't ignore what I've asked you. Why are you treating Omri as a stranger? Is it how you really are? You, the kind-hearted Jhanvi Oberoi, you're in reality a cold person who values blood over love? I would have expected this from someone like Mr Oberoi but not you." Om spat.

"Listen, Om, I can't help it, okay? I'm trying not to prefer one over the other but I just can't. If she was someone else's daughter... maybe it would have been different but I can't help remembering what her mother did to our family..."

"You're lying. You dare to lie while looking at me in the eyes. The fact that she's Tia biological daughter has nothing to do with your behaviour. It's because she is my adoptive daughter right? Then try to keep this in your head mom. There is no difference between Mara and Omri. Both are my daughters whether you want it or not. I don't know what had gotten into you but I need you to know that if my blood doesn't run in Omri's veins, my love and devotion is dedicated to her. She will forever be my first angel, my princess, my everything." Om said and rubbed off a tear from his eye. To his utter shock, Jhanvi smiled at him.

"I was testing you, honey. I'm sorry for the pain I caused to you and Gauri. I just wanted to know how you two would react with Omri if you were to have a child of your own."

"You're really wicked but you know every action has consequences and my girl wants her dadi's love now." Jhanvi chuckled and handed the baby to Om before rushing outside. Om followed her and saw her entering Omri's room. He then decided to eavesdrop her.

"Angel, you know, Dadi is sorry for what she put you through. I just wanted to see if daddy and mommy will still love Omri after baby Mara came, and you know what?"

"No Dadi, I don't know."

"Daddy and mommy love you very very much and you should never doubt their love okay?"

"But Dadi, do you love 'Omi'?" The little girl asked and Dadi cupped her cheek lovingly.

"I never stopped loving you baby. I love you a lot, okay?" Omri nodded and hugged Jhanvi who hugged her back. Later that afternoon, Jhanvi had gone with Omri at the mall and bought her whatever Omri wanted.

When Om told Gauri about Jhanvi's behaviour, Gauri couldn't help but feel a bit angry towards her mother-in-law. How could someone be so wicked to hurt a child for the sake of a test? Hadn't they proved to the world already how much they love their daughter? Nevertheless, if Jhanvi was only giving them a test, one day sooner or later, someone would discover the truth of Omri's birth but the couple swore that when that day would happen no one would be able to harm their bond because no matter what, Omri was their daughter.