~5~

The burning sensation on Shivaay's  cheek was nothing compared to what she felt in her heart: betrayal.
" How can you ask me to get married to you? You are already married, and you know very well about your mom's truth! You know that she can hurt my Shivi!  And I will never let her do this!" Anika sobbed and he pulled her towards him while twisting her arms behind her back.
"You will marry me Anika. I don't care about Mrs Oberoi and her threats. If she wants to kill Shivi, she will have to kill her son first. I'm already divorcing Tia by the way. And I want my family by my side Anika."
"I want my Shivi to be happy Shivaay.. I don't want her to grow in a house where she's not wanted.. Please don't make me marry you, for the sake of my child and the one to come."
"For the sake of OUR children, you will marry me. Else I will sue you to get their custody." Shivaay said coldly and released her. She stumbled back before collapsing on the ground. She was crying on her fate when he pulled her up and walked to the mandap he had asked the priest to set up. He forced her to get married to him despite her protests, despite her cries which stabbed his heart.  When the rituals were over, Anika walked back to the hspital while he went back to Oberoi Mansion all angry with himself, with her as well.  She was numb, she was like a lifeless body. She had never imagined that he would betray her this way. She felt cheated, disgusted. Her mangalsutra which was now adorning her neck was strangling her.
As she walked to Shivi's room, the doctor stopped her and said that they could start the insemination now.

Oberoi mansion
Shivaay reached his home, his icy eyes now releasing the tears they held.
"I can't believe that I hurt her like this.." He told to no one in particular. He looked at her picture which was on his bedside table and he caressed her face.
"Why were you so hurt to marry me?"
"Because you were too blind to see my pain.." He heard and looked at Anika, who was laying on his bed. She was dressed in a red sundress, her absent hue was back. 

"What do you mean?""I changed Shivaay, and you didn't see that I didn't change for the best

"What do you mean?"
"I changed Shivaay, and you didn't see that I didn't change for the best.." Shivaay looked down and when he looked back at her, she was gone.. A mere illusion of his mind. That's whom he got married to. He got married to what she was, what she has become now.. She was just a messy soul a broken heart who only lived for her Shivi, her weakness and strength.. This little soul that he used to blackmail the helpless woman.

Hospital
"Miss Mehra, now everything is done. I would have suggested you to stay home and relax for a full week but I know about Shivani so I will admit you in this hospital instead so you can rest and be with your daughter at the same time." The doctor said.
"Thank you doctor.. When will it be possible to do the operation for the bone marrow?"
"As soon as the baby will be big enough to survive." The doctor answered.
"Come on, let's shift you to your daughter's room." The doctor continued and led her to her daughter's room.
Gauri was already there, playing with Shivi.
"You know, giraffes will extend their neck higher and higher to eat the candyfloss like clouds." Gauri said and Anika smiled, as she came in.
"Anu, how are you?" Gauri asked as she helped her to sit down. While she did this, she noticed her mangalsutra and the sindoor on her hairline.
"Anika??" Gauri uttered her name with shock written all over her face. Anika looked at her with pain in her eyes before looking back at Shivi.
"Dr Patel please make sure that miss Mehra rest well, the insemination just happened and as you're Shivi's personal doctor, you can also take care of her mother." The doctor said and left. Gauri made Anika lay on the bed and kissed her forehead.
"What's wrong with mama Maasi?" Shivi asked.
"Mommy is tired because the doctor had put your little sibling in her belly."
"Will she be fine?"
"Why not? Your mama is the strongest Shivi and she gave you all her strength for you both to live as strong girls." Gauri said and caressed Anika's now sleeping face.
"Listen I have to make a call because I want to make sure Nani is all fine, okay?" Gauri said and kissed Shivani before leaving to ask how Neha was doing.  As she left, a man entered the room without being noticed.
Oberoi Mansion.
She cupped her cheek while the slap resonated in the room.
"How come you didn't manage to stop him?" Maya shouted while the other woman was looking down with tears in her eyes.
"Maya please let my son be!  I did everything you asked for! I pushed Anika away from his life,  I didn't utter  a thing about the baby, I supported your daughter when she came here with an illegitimate child.. Please don't tell him anything! Don't reveal this secret, he will die." Pinky cried.
"I won't say anything but in return I want all Shivaay's property to be to Tia's after the divorce. If this happen, I will never come back with your dirty secret. But if I end up penniless, Shivaay will get to know everything." Maya said and left while Pinky collapsed on the floor with tears in her eyes. If it wasn't for this secret eating her alive,  her son would have been happily married to the love of his life. But not only did Maya threatened her with Shivaay's secret but she also threatened to kill her grandchild..