Chapter 47: Red confrontation

Start from the beginning

I deadpanned. He recognized me. Dammit!

"I... Uh-I don't know what you mean." My stuttering incriminated myself.

He gave me a serious glare that told me to just tell the truth. It seemed that I wouldn't be able to convince him that it wasn't me, so I just looked up at him guiltily.

"At first I had thought the girl I had seen hovering over the pipes was a common water magic thief," his voice was quite deep and stern, just how you would expect the top ranked Adventurer in Gismead to speak. "But after you flew away on your artifact I checked the pipes and saw that nothing was wrong with them. No magic had been taken from them..." He said staring down at me, waiting for me to tell him what I had been up to.

When I didn't answer he seem to get irritated as his glare got harsher and he clenched his fist.

I could tell him that I had actually spent that time pumping my own water magic into the pipes in order to fix them, but the chances that he would believe me were pretty slim so I decided to just keep quiet.

"Please excuse me High Lord..." I Said. I gave him a quick curtsey and then turned on my heel, but before he could get away, he grabbed my arm painfully and pulled me back to him. His large hand completely encircled my forearm as he squeezed it tightly.

So tight that it made me wince and pull away, only for him to squeeze harder.

"Tell me." He ordered with a kind of desperation in his eyes that I had never seen in anyone before. Why was this so important to him?

But the pain searing through my arm shut off any thoughts in my mind of me telling him what I had actually done with the pipes.

"Let go of me." I seethed quietly so that the other guests wouldn't notice.

"Tell. Me."

His tone also changed. It was much more vicious now. It really frightened me and I was even thinking about crying out for help, when in a quick flash my arm wasn't in Red-eyes's grasp anymore. Now my arm was in a much gentler hand. Still a man's hand. That was decorated with golden rings.

I looked up at my savior and my heart skipped a beat.

"Your Highness!" I gasped as I stared up into his beautiful golden eyes and perfect royal face. A sense of relief and excitement washed over me because of him.

"Lady Riley." He nodded greeting me. "I've been looking for you." He told me in such a soothing gentle voice that my whole body relaxed.

"Oh really... why?" I asked. As I was looking up into his face, I noticed that his eyes brows were the same golden color as his hair.

"To congratulate you of course..." he had a playful smirk on his plump lips as he placed my arm in his and lead me away from the High Lord Fenrys and the crowd and into my library, a few guests had also dispersed into the library and were quietly chatting alongside the shelves, so Prince Geoffrey lead me further into the library and into the following room, a drawing room.

We were all alone together. The thought of that made my heart rate increase and I bit down on my lip nervously.

Geoffrey, however, seemed completely relaxed and unphased as he let go of me and walked over to one of the large windows and looked out at the lush green fields that surrounded my mini castle. The warm sunlight filtered in through the windows and illuminated his handsome face. His sharp jawline, his smooth skin, his golden eyes, his ridiculously perfect build.

"Tell me..."

My breath hitched when I heard him say this to me. Had he heard my conversation with Red-eyes. Was he going to make me tell him what I had been doing last night.