Chapter 49: The aftermath and Patagonia's secret

"Lady Delton." Came a familiar voice. "What happened here?" His tone was stricter than what I was used to, but then again he was on duty now.

"Lord Gawain." I greeted him. I looked over his shoulder to see a whole troop of knights from the Order, including Lucian who looked very handsome in his fancy golden armor. they had probably come in response to all the shouting and screaming, or maybe someone had gone to alert them.

Before I could reply to him, a woman with a silken turquoise skirt bolted through the crowd and fell to her knees before me. I recognized the bright color of her skirt, as the woman who had almost been killed by Fitz's lightning attack. She was the woman who insulted Fitz.

"Thank you! Thank you!" She sobbed while grasping a hold of my white skirt and letting out moans of anguish and relief.

"Thank you for saving us!" She was hysterical and her red crinkly eyes were spouting tears down her face. From over her shoulder I saw the small boy who I presumed was her son.

He was staring blankly ahead of him, his eyes were misted over, he was completely still, probably still in shock from seeing all the death. He only looked to be about six or seven years old so I'm sure he was pretty traumatized. I mean if his mother (a fully grown lady) was in hysterics, I'm sure this incident would have a long lasting impression on him.

I gently took hold of the woman's hands and held her gaze. I must have waited ten minutes for her to calm down and regulate her breathing before I told her that she was safe and didn't need to worry anymore. I convinced her to get back up on her feet and take her son home, since he would need some serious attention after seeing all this.

She was beyond grateful and wanted to know how she could repay me, but I just refused and insisted that she go home and rest with her son.

As soon as she left Lucian and Gawain were on my case and so I had to explain everything about what I had seen. I told them about Fitz and his horrific violence and also about the Zeref that had seemed to have infected him.

Gawain was adamant that he wanted every single detail. He even made me repeat the series of events twice and had a knight act as a scribe to record everything I said. By the time we had finished speaking it was already getting dark and luckily all the Zeref had dissipated, so only Fitz was lying unconscious in the middle of the red barrier. I had to undo the barrier for them so that they could take Fitz into custody.

It is really strange how things work out, I mean there was a huge possibility that I would've just stayed home instead of coming to the noble Centre to see the shop, and imagine if I hadn't come...

Fitz would have killed much more people, and would have exploded, releasing the Zeref into the sect and infecting I don't know how many people who would probably also go on killing sprees. It was pretty terrifying to think about.

Finally Gawain dismissed me so Auberon and I could go home. Auberon and I had to push our way through the crowd of spectators who all tried to thank me or ask me more questions. But finally we got back to the carriage.

The ride was long and tedious as my mind kept on mulling over the blood shed and the screaming and the terror and Fitz. What the hell had happened to him in that forest...?

When we got home I explained to everyone what happened over a supper of pork dumplings and noodles. Which we all ate together in the small dinning room, after all my nagging Agnes had relented and allowed everyone to eat dinner with me when no other guests were in the house.