Chapter 54: The Chosen Child

Riley

The last few days had been an actual whirlwind, but somehow I had managed to get everything done in time and I was ready to go on my vacation with my friends.

The Adventurer guild owned and run by the Romulus family, had wrote back to me to express their keenness to go and send their members on this adventure to gather the magical cores. They were planning on making a whole show of it. They were calling it the 'Adventure of the Century', and they had managed to get the entire kingdom talking about their great expedition. Somehow, The Gismeadean got wind of the plan and they dedicated a whole newspaper to the expedition. It mentioned that I was the benefactor and that it was in order to make new Sacred swords. So for the past few days the noble center had been filled with gossip and chatter. There was a whole bunch of anticipation and excitement, even at my own home. Rudyard, Bard and Auberon kept on fantasizing and predicting which of the S rank adventures would be chosen to go on the expedition.

As the expedition got more coverage, more and more high profile adventurers volunteered to go. By the end of it, Both of the Romulus twins were going (the family that owned the guild), High Lord Fenrys (aka Red-eyes) was going, a bunch of other Legendary S Rank adventures, Edgar and his Mage tutor Lord Elian Von Josselheim, plus (the most shocking of all the volunteers) Prince Kristopher and his guard Lord Braxton Smithson.

Since Edgar was going on the expedition, he sadly couldn't come on vacation with us.

Of course no one from the guild had bothered to tell me that my plan to get the cores had turned into some ridiculously high profile expedition in a span of a few days. I remembered spitting out my morning tea while reading the newspaper article that was detailing the trip I had organized. I practically jumped out of bed and headed straight for my guild and worked like a dog trying to make enough flying chariots for everyone in the expedition as well as a few more weapons they could take with them. I also packed in a whole hamper of my healing potion just incase they lost or broke their rings. Of course everything was marked with my feather insignia.

Using one of the spells I had learnt from tenebris intellexerent, I used a dark magic spell that would allow me to watch and see what they were doing wherever the adventurers went. I cast the spell on a random leaf so that nobody would suspect they were being watched, after all a leaf would fit right into their surroundings. I also cast one of the chariots with a transportation spell, so that I would be able to transport over to them if they were in trouble and needed me.

It took us two days working from dusk until dawn to finish everything. I felt bad about making the Kaltain's work late, so I gave them a bonus and a week off, since I would be on holiday as well. After they had had their resting week they could come back and start working on other things, and run the shop as well, now that we had enough products to sell.

In the past week Percival Peregrine, his father and I had met up a few times and had already organized a good deal for expanding Sophie's café. As of right now a café in the noble sect on Belhazia street (just a few streets away from Sorscha street), a café in the Plumeth district, a café in Girannon's second largest city Kreamore, and lastly a café in the town of Bromfaliath in the west of the Kingdom. All these cafes were in the last stages of their renovations and would soon open up. Not just cafés, but I was also opening up a restaurant in the harbor side as a kind of a trial run to see if people would like the otherworldly food I was planning on serving. (They obviously will, but just in case you know).

I negotiated that the Peregrine's also provide a building for the café workers to live in close proximity to the cafes we were opening up. They agreed, so in each city a building had been reserved to house the café workers. Because the Peregrine's knew they would make a huge profit off of me, they didn't mind paying for each of the cafes to be furnished, but I was in charge of making the safe houses hospitable. Which I had already done by employing the guild I had used to furnish the current safe house. I flew the furnishing guild to the different locations by enchanting their carriages so the work would go faster. By the end of today, they should be done with everything.