A Not So Right Drink - Mitsuhide

Start from the beginning

With Y/n passed out on my horse it was very quiet, too quiet. I didn't realise how much comfort her voice brought me until now.

I know heading to Azuchi Castle would reveal our relationship but at this point I don't even care. I checked Y/n's pulse it was very weak and I didn't like that one bit. I urged my horse into a much faster gallop. At this point we were already in Azuchi's Castle town. 

As Mitsuhide was riding by at to fast of a speed to make out any faces, Hideyoshi had saw him ride through the town because he was checking to make sure everyone was following the laws, Lord Nobunaga had set into place in Azuchi.

He stared after Mitsuhide "Is that Mitsuhide? Why is he in such a hurry?" He said to himself before deciding to head back to the castle early just in case.

We'd reached the bridge, Y/n's breathing was weak and I was really starting to worry. As I stopped the horse in front of the gates the guards rushed over.

"Lord Mitsuhide, What happened?" 

I guess they could see the panic on my face.

At the same time Mitsunari and Ieyasu were coming over the bridge together as they were assigned a task together much to Ieyasu's dismay and had just finished it.

I got off my horse and picked Y/n up in my arms, she was so limp. I held her close as Ieyasu and Mitsunari and the guards ran up to us as I was walking fast into the castle.

Everyone had a look of confusion and worry on their faces, even Ieyasu.

I began to pour out everything I knew while we walked further in heading to the infirmary.

"Ieyasu, Y/n has been poisoned by what i think is a rare and very powerful poison I'm not sure she has much time left, You need to help her" I told him as he nodded his head, I'm trying to keep my worry inside. 

We had reached the doors of the room. The guard that had followed us ran in front and held the screen door open for us.

I set Y/n down on the bed as Ieyasu started gathering herbs and equipment. Her eyes were still closed but she was moaning in pain now and I just knew how hard she was fighting. The thought nearly broke my heart, I'd never felt anything like that. It wasn't physical pain I didn't know where it was coming from, But it ripped through me like a blade. 

There was no way I was going to leave that room, I moved to the back of the room as Ieyasu worked to save Y/n's life.

All I could think about was how I could of prevented this, if only I'd been more alert and more careful then Y/n would never have drunk that drink without knowing the danger it contained.

I was left too my own thoughts for way too long, Ieyasu worked over Y/n for hours. Getting her to drink different things, testing things out, studying her. It was dark outside and just the thought of the dark that I always felt so comfortable in was now suffocating me. I could only guess that the others had told Nobunaga what had happened and they were just staying away to let Ieyasu focus. Ieyasu barely said anything he had just spoke every now and then flinging questions at me. 

"I've done what I can, the rest is up to her" Ieyasu whispered as he left the room and closed the door, but I heard him as though his voice was amplified.

Soon it was just me and Y/n.

It was really quiet now, Y/n lay unmoving on the futon and it looked like she would never wake.