Chapter Fourteen: Diaries and Clues

Her training was light and mostly focused on her lower body. She probably would've tried to train some more, considering her sisters usually woke around ten and it was only seven o'clock, but the unexpected guests made her pause. Well, it was more like they made her stop by practically lifting her off the ground and inspecting her from head to toe.

"We overheard Madara-sama and Izuna-sama talking about a Sakura-chan," Shisui said, inspecting her bandages, adjusting his hold on her so as not to injure her further. "Let's just say we heard some worrying things."

"Sakura-chan... Shisui isn't hurting you too much, is he?" Itachi stared at her unblinkingly, something akin to worry in his eyes.

"We can't have our adorable baby Ita—wait, why do you look like Kakashi-senpai?" Shisui blinked, inspecting her masked face, curiosity and a slight bit of jealousy flashing across his expression. "Imitate me next!"

"Eh?" Sakura blinked.

"You're imitating all the geniuses of Konoha right?" He placed her back down, crouching down in front of her. "You've done Itachi, and now you're doing Kakashi... so next on the list clearly has to be—"

"Sakura-chan, shall we go and get dango?" Itachi asked, tilting his head. "My treat."

"Sounds good," she mumbled, tucking her hands into her pockets. "I'll treat you sometime after I've graduated," she muttered, staring at the ground. Sometimes she hated her financial situation. As a Haruno she'd have been able to afford going out to eat occasionally...

"Hey!" Shisui pouted. "Don't ignore me!" He slumped, hurrying to catch up with them as they walked towards Itachi's favourite dango store. "You two are so mean... you know that, right?"

Itachi glanced back at him, eyebrow raised. "Really?"

"Hn." Sakura looked back at him, face concealed by her hood.

Shisui caught up to them, walking alongside them as they strolled silently through the half-dead streets of Konoha. Brightly coloured storefronts, bright lights, teahouses, coffee shops, convenience stores. They were all familiar to her by now, and they brought an odd sense of comfort whenever she saw them. Probably because it meant Kaguya hadn't happened... and Sakura doubted she would for a while, if at all... Madara was on Konoha's side in this dimension. She kicked at a stone, scowling at the thought of the Uchiha. To say she disliked him would be an understatement. But she hated Zetsu more... but did Zetsu even exist in her new world? Was that the ripple?

"I think we'd best hurry..." Shisui said, looking away from her. "What if they're all sold out already?"

Sakura shot him a sceptical look. "It's seven in the morning... what kind of store would they be if they've sold out already?"

"A good one." He patted her head, swiping his hand away before she could even think about biting him again.

"You're going to lose that hand one day," she grumbled, reminding herself silently that she'd have to braid her hair up every day beneath her hood if she wanted to keep her Madara locks out of sight and out of mind. There were far too many head pats to be safe.

Shisui winked. "You'd have to be a lot faster for that to happen... and sadly I think you'll have outgrown head pats by then... maybe I'll just have to poke your forehead—"

Sakura and Itachi glared at him in unison.

"What?" he complained. "It's a sacred bond of brotherhood—"

Sakura cleared her throat pointedly.

"—or sisterhood, I'm not forgetting you Saku-chan," he said hurriedly. "And we're like awesomely close friends now... close enough to be brothers."