Holding On

She wouldn't let this end this way, now, would she?
This wasn't the end, her end.

   If only for a short period of time, she had actually began to enjoy her existence.
Being a Diamond....
Being trapped in her constant bubble of suffering and pain, being forced to meet up with impossible expectations.
  Ever since Pink had emerged, she discovered what a sincere smile looked and felt like. Pink didn't ever look down at her, she looked up at her, she was a role model, an inspiration to be, she felt truly special. She never had to fear in the presence of Pink, she made her feel comfortable, a warm feeling always spreading through her gem to her whole body.
    And if only for a couple of minutes, while being fused, she had felt true freedom, the liberty to stand up and have a real voice. And Pink had given it to her, she wanted to experience more, hand in hand with Pink, and even her son, who had shown her true kindness.

She had to be strong.

She had to fight.

She would do it for them.

Her pale body, towered over by the cruel egomaniac that wanted to rule all, cold and empty carcass that remained of her, or so White thought.
She was still inside, or she so desperately wanted to scream, she held on to a small thread, her whole being holding on to existence, for freedom.

"Ah, that's much better, don't you feel much better, Blue? You're truly beautiful, if I do say so." White giggled, a cruel echo behind each word that left her wide and twisted smiling mouth.

She wanted oh so desperately to stand up and wipe that smile of her horrible and evil face.

"Now, let's go, shall we? We still need to find Yellow and dear Pink, who knows where they are and what kind of games they are playing!" White opened the door and Blue's body followed as if controlled by strings.

*
*
*
*

           "I am a one  hundred percent positive our ship is this way, I cannot be wrong about something so simple" Peridot replied after Lapis said for the fifteenth time that they were going the wrong way.

"Peridots... " Lapis groaned quietly to Connie. "Too smart to listen to any other gems" she sighed.

Connie tried laughing but not even a small chuckle escaped her lips. Something about the entire place made her nervous on edge.

"Ah! See, I knew I was right. That's the port we used to land!" Peridot hurried to the door to the outside landing port.

Instead of being greeted by the sight of the pink ship, they saw a enormous yellow arm, laying in all its glory.

"Ah, we must have taken the wrong turn." Peridot tried to not look embarrassed.

"I have been telling you that for the past ten turns, Peridot!" Lapis huffed exasperated.

  While they both argued, something caught her attention from the ship.     
    A door like compartment appeared open, gems apparently shuffling about inside. An all too familiar mop of dark pink hair appeared closed to the door for a second, but then moved away.

'It's Steven!'

She immediately began running, alerting Lapis and Peridot who quickly began following her, confused and curious.

She quickly climbed the ship, seeing three pearls, and a human that made her heart jump in excitement to see once again, safe and sound.

Steven's eyes widened, surprised, confused and happy to see her.
They ran at each other, quickly hugging. Desperately clinging on to each other for safety and peace.

Stevens eyes filled with tears, separating slightly from her embrace to stare at her.
"Connie? What are you doing here?" He was more happy than surprised, but also concerned for her safety. "Oh, Connie it's not safe here, everything's a mess" he smiled and wiped his tears.  Connie's face wasn't much different than his, her red tear stained face showed true happiness and relief, knowing that he was safe.
"I sneaked into the ship, I had to save you, or I wouldn't dare calling myself your knight anymore, could I?"

They both giggled, enjoying their reunion.

*
*
*
*

    White sat in her evil throne, looking down at her new puppet. A grin spreading on her dark perfect lips.
Sooner or later, every imperfect gem would end up like Blue. Perfected by her own hands.
Yet, the one rebellious gem that needed her help the most still refused.
Her obnoxious self had always been a problem, acting like a human child, demanding everything into her imperfect and immature hands. How dared Pink even raise her voice at her? White Diamond was the absolute authority, the mere mention of her name striked fear in  every single gem. How dared Pink make a fool of her?

White Diamond sat patiently, awaiting for Pink to stupidly come defy her again.
Oh, how she awaited to see the look on her face once she revealed the new and perfected Blue!

She sat patiently, awaiting to hear the hurried steps of a guilty and rebellious, immature diamond.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Hi...!
I'm back from the dead!
You all must be mad, or most must've forgotten this book even existed.
Well I'm back while we await for the movie to come out this fall!
I have no excuse, honestly.
I had a horrible writers block, still do but giving my maximum effort to finish this properly for all of you, because you all deserve an ending.
And I deserve a closure from this book.
Everyone's votes and comments inspired me to continue, and thus has birthed a new chapter, filled with whatever has been squeezed out from the inspiration lemonade.
Thank you all for being such good readers, hope to make you all happy with what's left of this fanfiction.
Don't forget to vote and comment!
ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ