One

Rose Brooks

It was just a another day for my family and I . My father Alexander was at work to his dealership, my mother Nova at her hair salon and me with my big brother Seven at school. I'm the youngest child my parents only had two of us because my mother miscarried 5 years ago and she wasn't  going to try again.

Our family was biggest in our neighborhood called Martin Heights. It was a suburban area with a mixture of all types of diverse people. We had one of the biggest house on the block because of the money daddy brings home.

We also do community work around our neighborhood and help around town also. It was our way of giving back even some of the thugs and puke help out sometimes. Not all of them get along but they at least try for my fathers community plan.

But that's not what I'm here to talk about. My names Rose Brooks and I'm 17 years old. I'm a senior at Victors high along with my big brother Seven Brooks. His 18 and no he didn't fail I was moved up a grade because of my incredible test scores.

My big brother was a cool guy even if he gets on my last nerves. He's 5'10 dark skin with a fade, he was thick but built and brown eyes. Me I'm 5'4, a little thick with big breast and I also have green eyes.

What I'm here is to tell the story of how my big brother was token away from me because of the INJUSTICE of our community. And how one thing can bring two of the neighbors biggest trap lords beef to an end.

The school bell rang and I met with my only friend Hazel. She was dark brown skin and taller then me , and had little breast and a round booty that still turn heads. "Hey Bestie boo" She said walking towards me . I smiled and did a double take "that's my bestie that's my bestie" I said as both of us mini twerk.

This was an everyday thing for us after school. She's a junior so we only have gym together other then that I only see her after school and before .

"Must y'all chicken heads be ghetto" I heard my brother voice from behind us. I turn around and rolled my eyes. "Nigga please" Hazel laughed at him. "Bye Seven" I pushed him making him bump into his homeboy and he mugged seven but smirked at me.

Oh those dark brown eyes and full lips drive me crazy. I had a crush on Harlem since we were kids. He's only two years older than me and a year older the Seven. They became close when Harlem moved to Martin when he was 8 and I was 6. I never saw him as cute just as a brother type til I hit 15.

That's when I started to think he was cute with little fuck boy nappy hair cute, nice chocolate skin and pearly white smile. I told him he looked like Lil Nas X when he first cane out. Oh and let's not mention that we talk on the low.

"Watch it lil nigga" he said before pushing Seven back. I rolled my eyes "Come on Guys we need to get going before I be late for my hair appointment " I said pouting. My mother employe Natasha was going to hock your girl up with some bundles and I was ready to be cute again.

"I wasn't going to say anything but the head is looking nappy" Harlem laughed mushing my head . I swapped his hand away from me and walked forward. Everybody else follow me to the parking lot. Me and Hazel got into my car while Seven and Harlem got into his.

I drove to my mothers hair salon that took only 20 minutes. After I parked me and Hazel got out and walked straight in. "Hi momma , afternoon everybody " I said . "Hi baby" she smiled then went back to braids some girl hair. Everybody else told me high as I walked over to Natasha doing a little dance. "NaNa" I said still doing my dance til I took a seat.

"Hey girl" she laughed. Natasha was an college student and so happen to mess around with my brother from time to time. "Hey Na hows college going?" I asked while she comb throw my Afro.