Ch 110 - How to Focus

The storm clouds that almost instantly gathered and cloaked the entire Whole Cake Island in a dreary grey blanket of chill seemed reflective of Sanji's soul. As his carriage pulled towards the castle and away from his wounded captain and the devastated navigator, the tears that streamed down his face before, dried up from the wind and froze his face into a blank expression. He felt numb inside but it wasn't because of the weather. He was forcing himself to get a grip and to put the final nail in the coffin of this situation. To seal his fate.

He will not show any more emotion. He could not. If he felt anything other than numb, his own actions would obliterate what remained of his broken heart. He wanted to die after he hurt Luffy and he knew he would feel that much worse after hurting Nana...And he was going to. He had to.

"I had heard that Big Mom could manipulate the weather of the entire Whole Cake Island," Ichiji murmured from the front seat, "Quite the control over her kingdom. I wonder why the storm clouds? Is she perhaps not looking forward to this engagement party?"

"It must be something else," Judge said, "Whatever happens, we must not anger Big Mom. This wedding will happen no matter what. Our dream will finally be able to come true."

Purple lightning flashed overhead as they approached the outskirts of the city. The rumbling of the wheels became stronger as the wooden wheels hit the cookie-shaped cobblestones that lined the streets.

"Clear the way! The enraged army will pass by! An army to avenge Cracker-sama has been organized!" someone shouted from the streets as the crowds of pedestrians parted.

Sanji's head jerked up and he sat up from his seat. "Enraged army?"

A sneer formed along Yonji's face as he leaned his elbow out of the window. He had the best view of the street's commotion and whatever he saw pleased him immensely. "Look they're coming now."

An army of soldiers shaped like chess pieces led by unique looking creatures of all shapes and sizes marched past the carriage with their eyes forward and their weapons in hand.

"It seems they're gonna go after Straw Hat to kill him," Niji said, who was sitting in between Sanji and Yonji.

"If I remember right, he said he'd be there waiting for you," Yonji chuckled as that fact hit Sanji like a suckerpunch in the stomach.

Shit! After I left him in that state!, Sanji thought in a panic.

"Tch. That captain won't be stupid enough not to run away after seeing this battalion coming for him," Niji pointed out.

No...He is that stupid. That's just the kind of guy Luffy is. If he says he's waiting there for me...That's where he'll be!

Sanji's teeth almost bit his cigarette cleanly in half and he balled his hands into his fist.

Kaboom!

A sinister purple lightning struck through the sku and then heavy rain began to pour down. The sounds of raindrops hitting the carriage rooftop mixed in well with the rhythmic beating of the wheels falling against bumping through the streets and the steady footsteps of the large cat that pulled their carriage.

Again, the weather was befitting of Sanji's mood and he was somewhat thankful for it. He could not afford to show emotion so let the heavens cry on his behalf.

When the carriage came to a stop and a chess piece soldier brought along a red carpet lined stairs for the Vinsmoke family to disembark, Judge was the first one to stand up. As he stepped outside, a purple umbrella floated overhead, shielding him from the rain while Baron Tamago bowed at the foot of the stairs.