Ch 34 - Food, Nami, and Shadows

"There's a sexy master swordswoman shooting meat out of cannons!"

Nana's fingers twitched and a harsh shiver ran down her spine. Where am I?, she thought as she tried to move her body.

"Cannon?" she whispered. Her eyes slowly opened and she realized she was lying face down on the floor. She gradually got up to her elbows as her senses started to return. The room was bright and it took a moment for her to notice that she was in the kitchen of the Thousand Sunny.

Suddenly, she felt Pygmy's nose sniffing near her ear. She lifted her head to stare up at his muzzle before he gave her a lick on the nose.

"Sexy?" she heard Sanji's voice gasped.

She looked around her and saw that Luffy, Sanji, and Zoro were on the floor just like her with Usopp, Chopper, Franky, and Robin standing at the doorway watching them. Her waterboard was leaning against the side of the doorframe.

"Meat?" That was from Luffy.

"Master swordswoman?" Zoro grunted.

"You guys are hopeless!" Chopper screamed as Usopp smirked at Franky.

"Told you that would work," the sniper said smugly.

Nana's eyes widened as her mind switched on. She sat up just as Luffy leapt forward with his fist in the air. "You bastard! Give me my shad-"

Franky caught him by the face. "Calm down! Moria isn't here."

"Moria? Who the hell is Mora?" Nana grumbled as she got up to her feet. She looked down to pat Pygmy on the head. She let out a scream. "My shadow! It's gone!"

"So it wasn't a dream," Zoro growled as he stared at his feet as well, "My shadow is missing too. This feels so weird."

Luffy ran out of the room and into the pantry, whose locked door was busted open, and he soon returned clutching a can of dried bread and a large chunk of cheese. "Oy! This is bad! We have a disaster on hand! We're all out of food!'

Sanji shoved Luffy out of the way so he can check his inventory. He came out with his hands in his pockets and a cigarette between his lips. "We had our galley packed nicely but now it's empty. They took off with everything but some emergency rations."

"Fuckers," Nana cursed, "I reinforced those locks too. They had to have used explosives to open the door. It's a miracle they didn't damage more of this ship."

"Don't underestimate the super strength of the Adam Tree!," Franky declared.

Zoro slapped a palm to his face. "This is really humiliating. I wasn't taking things seriously enough."

"Ow. Nana-brat, did you get caught by those spider mice things too?" Franky asked.

Nana shook her head. "I was-"

"She went up against the samurai in order to let me, Nami, Usopp, and Pygmy escaped," Chopper cried tearfully as he ran towards Nana and hugged her by the knees, "We're so sorry! We should've stayed and-"

Zoro's head shot up. "Samurai?" Zoro interrupted.

"Samurai?!" the cook cried the same time. Sanji pushed Chopper out of the way and knelt in front of Nana, "Nana-chan, did he hurt you? Where did he hurt you? That bastard, I will kick the living shit-"

"I'm fine," Nana said and shoved Sanji out of the way so she could look at Chopper. She smiled reassuringly at the doctor, "You guys wouldn't have been able to take him on even if you did stay. Besides, after his first attack I realized he was using the back of his sword. They were keeping me alive for a reason."