Ch 11 - the Fear of Swimming

Nana walked back to the train car with Luffy and Zoro. The train had enough steam for her to leave it running for at least another 20 minutes; 10 minutes if they ran into another big wave again.

"Hey, swordsman..." she called to Zoro, who was walking in front of her.

"Yah?"

"It sounds like your katanas need some sharpening. When this is all over, I can give it a look if you want."

"What do you know about katanas or how to care for them?" Zoro asked incredulously.

Nana lifted her hammer for emphasis but his back was turned so it was a pointless effort. "I'm a blacksmith! I can't be called a weapons expert if I don't even know how to make a sword. Now do you want me to take a look at it later or what?"

"I-" Zoro was about to shoot an angry retort but then he rethought her offer. "Fine. You can take a look at it but you can't do anything to them. Just...tell me what I need to do."

"Fine," Nana said, "As long as you take good care of them. Don't want you mistreating those babies."

"They're not babies!" Zoro snapped as Luffy jumped into the train car sliding through the window.

"Whew! That was fun," the rubber man told the passengers excitedly.

He immediately got kicked hard in the back by Zoro, who decided to enter the same way. "Oh, sorry," he said half heartedly.

Bam!

Zoro flew forward as Nana swung in from behind. "Not sorry," she said with a grin. Pygmy ran up to her and wagged his red and white tail. She bent down and licked his nose. He did the same. She wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face in his soft, warm fur.

"Woof! Woof!"

"He said, 'Ah! You're so cold and wet!'"

Nana released her hold and frowned at Pygmy. "Selfish."

"Woof! Woof!"

"Not sorry," Chopper translated.

"Smartass," Nana scoffed but patted his head anyways.

"Luffy, come over here!" Nami called, interrupting Zoro from yelling at the mechanic.

Luffy stood up from the floor and made his way towards her with Zoro and Nana following behind. "Hmm?"

Nami raised a transponder snail towards her captain. It was already connected. "It's Sanji-kun," she said.

She used "kun" again...I wonder what their relationship is? Nana wondered with a fold of her arms. Then she scoffed at herself for even wondering that.

"Hey, is that you, Luffy?"

"Oh Sanji!" Luffy answered excitedly, "How's it going over there? Where's Robin?"

"Robin-chan is still in their custody," came the reply, "Nami-san just told me the reasons for her actions."

Robin...chan?, Nana thought and tilted her head to the side. It seems he only calls Nami by san...

"I see," Luffy said as he squatted down and lifted the snail closer to him, "Yeah..well..that's what's going on." He tilted his head up and let out a confident grin, "Go ahead and give them hell."

"Ehhhh?!" Nami and Chopper protested.

"Hey!" Zoro snapped, "Don't be reckless, Luffy! Tell him to wait until we catch up!" Zoro then turned his attention to the snail, "Oy, Cook! Can you hear me? There are crazy guys on that train so-"