Ch 98 - How to Rest

Night had fallen for quite some time and yet the entire kingdom was as loud as when the sun had just set. Everyone was in a celebratory mood that didn't seem to be waning anytime soon. Nana couldn't blame them. If she had to spend just one more day as a toy, let alone years, she would've felt like partying with the rest of them.

However, she was the farthest thing from celebrating anything. The cheers and laughter around the kingdom was at the back of her mind as she focused on fixing one of Franky's nipple lights. If she knew offering to help patch up the cyborg meant spending the night in close proximity to his bare chest, she would've kept her damn mouth shut.

"Here...That should do it," Nana said as she fitted the light into the socket.

"Haha. Careful, Nana-brat. That tickles," Franky chuckled.

Nana shivered and practically shoved the bulb into his hands. "Can't do it! Too weird. TOO WEIRD!" she said and scooted away from the cyborg, "Let me fix your eye."

"Naw, I can clean up after myself," Franky said with a grin, "Super get your rest, brat. You've had a longer day than I had."

Nana's eyes narrowed and she folded her arms across her chest. Now she knew for sure Franky had put her on Nipple Light Maintenance to get back at her for not hinting to him that Law was nearby.

The Heart Pirate was presently seated across the room next to the two samurais. They had all snuck to Carta, a town east of the city, and found sanctuary at Kyros and Rebecca's old home. It sat on top of a flower covered hill that overlooked the city. The former toy soldier was gracious enough to offer this one room house as a place for them to lay low and out of the citizens', and more importantly, the Navy's way. Everyone was either recuperating or in deep slumber.

"I must apologize for my place. It is not as sizable or luxurious as the Palace," Kyros said as he handed Law the last blanket.

"Don't mention it," Law replied, "This place will do."

"Law-dono, who is that man that you brought here with us?" Kin asked as he pointed to a snoring figure sleeping against the wall.

"He's somebody Straw Hat-ya knows. He asked me to bring him," Law said.

"I wonder what Luffy would want with Bellamy?" Usopp wondered and looked at Robin for answers. The enigmatic historian only smiled and shrugged.

"Well then, I'm going to turn in," Kyros said as he laid down on the floor and pulled a blanket over his shoulders, "If you're hungry, please help yourself to eat anything in the house. I think there's only dried meat though."

Usopp chuckled and glanced over at the snoring rubber boy. After his epic battle with Doflamingo, no one had protested giving Luffy the bed. "Once Luffy wakes up, that's going to be gone in seconds."

"Ugh. No alcohol?l," Zoro grunted as he rummaged through the cabinets.

Zzzzz!

"Whoa! Everyone fell asleep so quickly!" Usopp gasped as his attention ping ponged between Kyros and Law, "Well then, good night! Zzzzzz!"

Franky rolled his eyes. "You fell asleep quickly too!"

Robin hid a giggle behind her hands. "We should let them have a rest. Nana...aren't you tired?"

"Exhausted," Nana admitted but then pointed at the door without breaking her attention from the broken mechanical wings in her lap, "But someone is coming."

Immediately, Zoro reached for his katanas just as a shadow casted over the window embedded in the door. The samurai's sat up straighter but Nana's posture did not change. The door swung open and the swordsman jumped to his feet.