The other world (p.3)

Manmar walked into the massive church. He walked passed dozens of others people, preying. Pina saw the grand arches, the massive stained glass mural, and the thousands of candles. They saw as Manmar knelt at a small bench, his hands placed together. A woman in black robes with a hood, only showing her face, approached Manmar. She placed her hand on Manmar's head.

"May the emperor guide you to safety, tell me why you have come to one of his many places of worship." The woman said.

"I prey for the safety of my mother, and prey for the death of the one who was my father, may his actions damn him from the emperor's light, and may my mother be protected by the light of the Emperor and his Angels." Manmar said.

The group was confused, hearing what he preyed for. Manmar stood up.

"It is good to see you, Manmar." She said.

"It is good to see you as well." Manmar said.

Manmar walked back to the group. They kept their eyes on the woman, before leaving. They walked a fair distance, before reaching an apartment building. (Not a hab block, not a skyscraper of rooms, think more of a hotel). Walking through a hall, they stopped at a door.

"Manmar, where are we?" Voxer asked.

"I doubt the location that was set is safe. I have......decided to stop somewhere, where we won't be seen." Manmar said.

He knocked on the door, before the sounds of items falling on the floor. They waited, before the door opened. They were met with a woman, her hair messy and covered in wood shavings, she had gloves on, and wore an apron, she looked at Manmar.

"Brother?" She asked.

"It is me, sister." Manmar said.

She jumped on him, giving him a hug.

"I didn't expect to see you! Last I heard, you left for Cadia, did you join the guard? Who are they?" She asked.

"These are my charge, may we stay with you for the night? We will soon be leaving in the morning." Manmar said,

"Yes, please, come in." She said.

The group walked in, seeing a nice sized room, a floor made of tile, shelves with tools, and wooden figures. There was painters tools, and other items.

"Oh, I should introduce myself, I am ShanShar, Manmar's sister. I am a sculptor, I have been commissioned to make 9 wooden Astates. I have been asked to make a sculpture of the visitor of the other world.....Rory.....Mercury." ShanShar said, seeing Rory Mercury.

"Well, why use a photo, when you have the real thing right here." Pina said.

ShanShar let out an excited screech, before dashing over. She took out a loose measuring tape and smiled, quickly wrapping the tape around Rory's body, she took measurements, moved Rory's body so she was standing as tall as possible, arm span, length from one joint to the other, and then taking color gradient sheets and matching the tones she would need with everything, hair, skin, eyes, clothes.

Everyone watched with concern as Shanshar measured the oracle's body and got what she needed. They got closer and noticed.....the room was fairly large, but also cramped due to shelves and other such objects. Half painted sculptures, nearly completed blanks.

"What does your sister do?" Voxer whispered.

"From what I know, she makes toys and figurines that a lot of nobles buy." Manmar said.

"And what about this?" Crot asked, showing a book that was of explicit material.

"I think that she also does some cover art, but I am not sure." Manmar said, nervous.

Shanshar stopped and looked at Crot holding one of her books. She leapt over, grabbing it and putting it back on the shelf.

"No going through my shelves." She hissed.