Contact

Cadian Shock troopers were busy digging a trench.  The enemy had been sighted over the hill, which had a large flat section of land leading up to the kill. As the Cadian shock troopers prepared defenses, The hydras took aim at the sky, while the Griffons aimed at sections of the field. The Tech priests worked on building bunkers and logistical buildings. The Salamanders waited, as the sisters of battle set up a shrine to the emperor.

Tanks and the sentinels were not needed yet, so the tanks and their crews were in a vehicle depot. Salamanders were waiting, listening to the guardsmen as they discussed the up coming battle was planned.

As mid-day arrived, and a horn blew in the distance, tank mounds were built, with a trench line built up. Soldiers ran to their positions, taking aim. Space marines loaded their guns, as the sisters of battle began their prayers.

"Oh great Emperor of Mankind, forgive the ignorant, the unknowing and the foolish, for they do not know of your great deeds. Let this battle destroy the heretic, the traitor and the mutant. Protect us and guide our hand to victory." The Sisters prayed.

As the first marched in a parade style over the hill, the Griffons fired, before the hills exploded, dozens of columns of enemies died in the mortar bombardment. As the next group moved in, air burst rounds were fired. As the enemy spread out, guardsmen fired at them, taking out most with a shot, 2 when a shield was up. Wyverns were shot out off the sky, with mortar blowing up in the field.

As the day came to the end, 20,000 were killed while the guardsmen and others had only suffered a few minor injuries minor injury, some burnt hand from a guardsmen who disrespected his power pack's machine spirit, and one man who was found with minor burns as his las gun exploded in his face..

As the second day arrived, the request for earth shakers was made to introduce true artillery. The enemy had once again, made an attack, with no support.

"Open fire on them, they will run out of soldiers soon." a commissar yelled.

The same thing happened for 2 more days, with more dying out. The Salamanders and Sisters of battle were anxious, along with the tech priests as they were caring for the restless machine spirits.

On the 5th day, the imperium went on the offensive, as the enemy strength was judged well. Soldiers loaded into transports, tanks and sentinels were loaded up, and Griffons moved forward, 200 guardsmen remained behind, with 20 Tech-priests, 10 Salamanders and 10 Sisters of Battle, who were angry about not being able to go out to fight the enemy.

The Tanks crested the hill and they mortars fired, blowing up the camp, quickly taking the unsuspecting army. The tanks fired their guns, blowing up other tents, walls and groups of enemy. The infantry worked on killing the stragglers, while Sisters of Battle and Salamanders engaged in melee combat, as prisoners were option.

"GLORY TO THE EMPEROR!" The space marines yelled, cutting through the metal armor of the enemy.

The enemy yelled in a strange language, which was noted by the tech priests who joined them. Little was left behind survived, minus those dumb enough to try and sneak around the massive line of guardsmen. The camp was quickly raided and destroyed, captives were bound, and a new structure for prisoners were being made.

Report

Lord Commander Markus Havoc

The first week of the campaign seems to have been more eventful than originally planned. The number of men seemed to be sufficient, but the enemy forces do not match the enemy we faced when the structure originally opened. We shall need new supplies, and new equipment. 

Requisitions
20 Earth Shakers- Needed
20 Valkyries- requested but not needed in the time
50 Pskyers- requested, 11 needed, astropathic speciality
20 chimeras- requested but not needed in the time
1000 Servitors- needed
More Power Packs- Needed
Bomb Collars- 2000- needed