It was already too late when I reached there. The party had kind of died down. People were already drunk and passed out, some were even sleeping. And I kept searching for her. Rooms after rooms. I couldn't find her. It was a nightmare."

"But I did find her after half an hour of searching. In a room, drunk, laughing on the floor, out of her mind," Mason said with his throats constricted.

Evelyn grasped on his hand holding her breathe.

"With packets of drugs." Mason gulped the lump in his throat away.

"Oh god," Evelyn whispered out.

"But you know who else did I found in the same room?" Mason's voice raised up without him knowing. "My so called advice giving best friend."

"Bryan.'' Evelyn filled in.

"Passed out and lying in the bed right behind Mallory." Mason was breathing heavily. "He knew it. He saw her. Yet he did nothing. Maybe because he was the one who got her there in the first place."

Mason closed his palm so tight that his nails dug on his skin making it bleed.

"I picked Mallory up. She was blabbering and hitting me. I got her home." Mason said. "And that was it for me. I had had enough, didn't I? I locked her in her room. When she woke up in the morning, she knew I knew. "

"Carolina was as dumbstruck as ever. She didn't even know what to do. She didn't sign up for this shit. But Mal was my sister and so I made all the arrangements. I had already looked for rehabilitation centres around. I want her to be away, away from all from all of this. I found one in London. I chose it and I told Mal. She didn't say anything."

"Everything happened so fast and before I knew she was already gone. Mal left without a word." Mason said.

"And since then we haven't talked." Mason said. "She never picked up my phone, never answered my letters. Nothing. She didn't respond to anyone who wanted to contact her. She cut me off like I mean nothing to her. Maybe I don't mean anything to her."

Mason looked away. He glanced outside the window. It was dark outside. There was no moon tonight.

Evelyn sat there in silence and Mason dreaded whatever she would say.

"And all this time, I kept thinking how you could be such a possessive big brother that you sent your sister away just because she liked your best friend. Part of me never could believe it. So I wanted to hear your version of the story and it was quite different from what I have heard in school."

Mason snickered, "Oh yes, they have many juicy stories about my sister and my best friend and me."

"But I know better than that now." Evelyn pressed her lips together and gave Mason an assuring look. Facing him, Evelyn said, "But I am not going to lie to you saying that you took the best decision by sending her off to somewhere, out of the country."

Mason nodded.

"I guess, she needed your support more than anything." Evelyn stated. Mason nodded.

"I know I didn't do the best thing." Mason sighed. " Sending my twin sister away to somewhere far I felt like I am getting rid of a part of myself. She is my only family. And I couldn't keep her with me."

Evelyn placed a hand on his face and Mason glanced at her. " Hey. I know you tried. What happened had happened. Now what you can do is look forward and try to solve it. I am sure one day she will pick up the damn phone."

"I didn't try my best. I locked myself up when I should have been by her side." Mason shook his head.

" You are going to. Now. You learned something from this mistake. It counts. You are also a teenager just like her. Stop blaming yourself." Evelyn said almost in a order like voice.