)( Chapter Twenty Four )(

“Miss Princess.” The captain’s cold voice made her cringe thinking she was about to be scolded for being reckless. “Are you hurt?”

                Felicity bit her lip and shook her head frantically causing her platinum hair to catch stray beams of sunlight and glitter as she moved. The boy had run off to his mother after thanking her with a bow and a kiss to the hand and the fairy like girl watched them reunite with tears in her eyes.

                Law gently helped her to her feet gripping her under the arms as delicately as he could manage, “Let’s get going.”

                Her breathtaking aquamarine eyes glanced upward meeting his steel gaze, “What abou-?”

                The captain of the heart pirates steered her away somewhat more aggressively than he had intended. He was wary of the former rear admiral and the connection the man had with his princess. Law splayed one of his tattooed hands across Felicity’s lower back sending delightful shivers up her spine and irresistible tingles throughout her entire body. As they got further away from the other infamous rookies, his hand guided her more gently.

                “What’s the rush, Captain?” Shachi asked bored as he strolled lazily beside the fairy like girl with his fingers laced behind his neck.

                The less people who noticed the fairy like girl, the better. X Drake at least seemed to have recognized her; they couldn’t risk drawing attention to the princess knowing her uncle did dealings in the human trade on this island. Though the details were still unclear to the captain of the heart pirates, Felicity was thought to be dead.

                As they turned a corner they noticed a line of people on their hands and knees on either side of the street bowing. Upon closer inspection, Law noticed a fat pompous lard of a man wearing an obscene bubble over his plump face and an odd white suit on his bulky body. He was one of the Celestial Dragons, a Tenryubito.

                Law suddenly lashed out and gripped Felicity’s wrist in an iron grip before wrenching her back the way they had come. A soft gasp of pain escaped her as she was forcefully pulled the other way and she tried to conceal a wince of pain.

                “C-captain?” Felicity squeaked fearing her wrist would break in his grasp.

                Law grit his teeth in frustration. He couldn’t look after her and gather information simultaneously. They had to know their surroundings and what to expect on the island. The ever calculating captain of the heart pirates swore under his breath. His steely gaze latched onto Shachi and Penguin.

                “You two.” He barked gruffly still maintaining his iron grip on the fairy like girl’s wrist.

                “Aye captain?” They both yelped simultaneously.

                Law shoved Felicity forward roughly. Shachi and Penguin scrambled to catch her between them as she stumbled and the three of them turned to the captain in awe. “Protect her with your lives.”

                “Eh?” Shachi gaped, “What’s going on?”

                “Take care of her.” Law noted. “I need to get a feel for the island. Meet at the rendezvous point at three.” He ordered.

                “But-.” Felicity began to protest not wanting to leave the captain’s side.

                “You’re too big a distraction.” Law pointed coolly. “Stay out of trouble, or there will be consequences.” His voice sent a pleasurable shiver down her spine.