)( Chapter Two )(

The cold calculating captain of the Heart Pirates, Trafalgar Law, looked to the sea shore with a scowl. He’d left his first mate, Bepo, on the coast to keep an eye on the ship and he was now nowhere in sight. Where could that pesky bear have gotten to? Hopefully the locals didn’t get their hands on him. Sol was a primitive underdeveloped island with essentially no civilized society. The inhabitants of the island were rumored to be savages. He’d seen a few as he and the rest of his crew scoured the forest for some supplies to replete their depleted stores. They certainly looked savage enough, all of them with dark unruly hair, dark weathered skin from working in the blazing sunlight day after day and rags for clothes.

                “Hey, captain! Come look at this.” Shachi a young man in his early twenties with shoulder length auburn hair wearing a trademark white jumpsuit like the rest of Law’s crew and a greenish blue puffy hat with a red rim called over to his stoic captain.

                Law looked to where his subordinate was indicating to see what looked like tracks in the sand. Something large had been dragged across the beach into the surrounding forest. The cool captain of the Heart Pirates frowned as a disturbing thought crossed his mind. What if the savages really did capture him?

                “Should we follow it?” Shachi asked curiously as he headed toward the border of the forest.

                “Might as well, before they decide to eat him.” Law stated bluntly causing his subordinate to grimace at the thought.

                They ducked under the cover of the forest following a set of tracks; there were three distinct sets of footprints. Two large male tracks and a single set of small very faint almost nonexistent tracks, either the owner weighed nothing or knew how to be light on their feet without leaving much of a trace.

                The sound of children laughing from a clearing up ahead caused the two men to pause. Law tensed as he heard one of the children say something about a bear and wanting to have the next turn. He and Shachi exchanged glances.

                “I’ll get it.” A little girl cheered happily and bolted from the clearing with a canteen in hand. Her dark eyes widened in fear as she spotted the two strange men, “Onee-chan! Help!” She cried as the canteen slipped from her small grubby fingers.

                “Lia?!” A beautiful angelic voice called in concern and a breathtaking young woman darted out of the clearing. She had long luscious silken waves of moonbeam hair that fell to her tiny waist, her skin was perfectly complexioned and the color of pale porcelain, and eyes like they’d never seen before, brilliant sparkling aquamarine eyes that shimmered like sea prism stone gems. A simple white cotton gown clung to her delicate frame falling just above her knees. “Oh.” She gasped softly as she spotted the two men her aquamarine gaze lingering on the devilishly handsome captain. “It’s alright, Lia, go ahead.” Her smile was absolutely radiant.

                The small feral looking child scooped up her fallen canteen, “Is Bear-san still going to be here?” She asked hopefully.

                Bear-san?

                The beautiful blonde offered the child a reassuring smile, “Of course, that’s why you’re getting the water, remember?” Her voice was soft and tender.

                The little girl nodded before scrambling off into the forest, “I’ll be back Bear-san.” She called back as she ran.

                Felicity smiled after the child faintly before turning to the newcomers. One was wearing a similar suit to that of the bear she’d found, the other, the devilishly handsome one, wore a pair of light denim jeans with what looked like dark leopard print splotches and a bright yellow hooded sweatshirt with black sleeves and a black smiley face with six spokes around it stitched into the chest. A strange northern styled white fur hat with dark grey leopard splotches sat atop his head of dark as night hair. His face was perfectly chiseled and there was a small dark goatee on his chin as well as dark sideburns stretching down his strong jaw line. Various tattoos in dark ink littered his perfectly tanned skin complete with a black cross across the back of his right hand and the word DEATH in black ink on the back of his fingers on his left hand. His eyes were a cold steel grey and were currently devoid of emotion as he stared back at the fairy like girl.