)( Chapter Thirty Two )(

Cutesy Chapter, because why not ^-^

She had a restless night of sleep filled with nightmares of Law abandoning her and haunting memories from her past and woke with a scream as she felt someone shaking her roughly. Her bright sea prism stone eyes fluttered open and she stared about wildly not recognizing her surroundings and yelped at the face hovering over hers. It was a very tired and cranky looking Captain Kid.

"Are you always this noisy in your sleep?" Kid glowered, but his gaze softened as he saw the fear and uncertainty brimming in her otherworldly eyes and the layer of cold sweat clinging to her pallid skin. "Do you normally sleep alone?" He asked her curiously and chuckled softly as he saw a rosy blush claim her cheeks.

"I don't see why that's any of your business." Felicity panted softly still recovering from her terrible dream.

"If it helps me get more than twenty minutes of uninterrupted sleep, it's my business." Kid growled, "Scoot over."

"What?!" Felicity yelped, "No way!" She bolted out of the bed as he sat beside her and made a move to head for the window seat that looked out at the water trailing behind them, "I'll sleep over the-." Her voice cut off with a gasp as he lightly caught her wrist in his and tugged her back to the bed.

She tumbled on top of him with a yelp, "Let go!"

"Stop screaming, I'm not going to do anything to you." Kid barked as he easily lifted her off of him and set her down on the bed beside him before wrapping her in blankets putting at least two layers between the two of them, "I'd really like to sleep, so humor me." He grumbled as he claimed the pillow and flopped his arms out to the sides trying to get comfortable.

Felicity gave in and rested her head atop his strong bicep and closed her eyes as her face burned with the heat of embarrassment and she quickly turned her back to him.

........................................................

"Well, isn't that cute." The masked first mate chuckled as he stumbled into the captain's quarters, it was unusual for anyone to have to wake the captain, he was a very light sleeper and was always awake at first light. He smiled as he looked to the captain's bed and spotted the pale haired beauty cocooned in blankets at the captain's side.

"Shut up." Kid grumbled groggily as he opened his feral eyes. "It was a long night."

"Captain!" The masked first mate scolded him.

Kid threw him a glare, "She has freaking night terrors and kept me up half the night screaming." He glowered as he raised his arm and slipped the pillow beneath her head before rolling out of bed.

"What do you think happened to her?" Killer asked softly as Kid crossed the room to his closet to change.

"I don't know." Kid grumbled, but paused as he began to change his clothes, he'd deduced from her screaming that something terrible had happened to her parents and that her uncle wasn't a very nice person. "Probably worried about that no good captain of hers." He shrugged, regaining his composure and stepped out of his closet in a fresh change of clothes.

The war had ended and there was no news from her captain after his rescue of Straw Hat Luffy and Kid had only been able to get that much information from a source at the scene, one of the Whitebeard Allies that he'd grown up with. Neither were captured in the War which was somewhat promising, though Straw Hat left in bad shape.

"Any news?"

The masked first mate shook his head, "No news is good news, I suppose." He responded with a shrug of his shoulders, but turned his attention to the bed as the ethereal beauty suddenly began to toss and turn after having been abandoned by his captain.

Kid swore under his breath, "Go buy a giant stuffed animal or something." He ordered.

"What?!" Killer laughed.

"She can't sleep alone and I have shit to do." Kid barked, "Hurry up!" He growled before heading back to the bed and flopping down atop the mattress next to the restless girl. She felt so small and fragile in his arms.

The masked first mate left with a chuckle to do as he was bid. His captain was nothing but a big softy where the fairy like girl was concerned.

Kid sighed as the ethereal beauty calmed and relaxed against him returning to a peaceful slumber. "I hope I'll never be the kind of despicable man that makes you cry." He breathed softly as he wiped away the remnants of tears that had fallen when she'd started to cry in her sleep.

Killer returned in record time with a giant plush pink cat and held back a laugh at the look on his captain's face. "It was all they had." He lied.

"What the hell is that pink monstrosity and why is it on my ship?" Kid hissed as he slid off the bed.

Killer chuckled as he placed the giant plush on the bed and draped one of its giant arms around the sleeping girl, "It's a cat, Captain."

"Why the hell is it pink?" Kid glowered.

"It's all they had." Killer lied once more receiving a glare from his flustered captain.

Video- Ain't It Fun By Paramore