)( Chapter Thirty Five )(

Felicity woke with a start wondering if it had all been a dream. Was Law really back? Did he forcefully take her away from the Kid Pirates and leave them to their fate? She relaxed after a moment as she felt herself being cradled in a familiar embrace.

"Law!" She cried as she threw her arms around his neck waking him from his slumber.

"What are you doing Miss Princess?" He grumbled, "Why are you being so noisy?"

"You're really here!" Felicity cried as she hugged him tightly despite his tired mumbled protests, "I was so worried, I thought you'd left me for good because I'm such a burden."

Law's steely gaze bore into her at this, "Did you forget, Miss Princess? You're my prisoner for as long as you live. You cannot escape me."

Though his words were cryptic and twisted, Felicity's heart skipped a beat. She would happily be his prisoner for all of eternity if she could stay by his side. Her smile at his eerie words fell as a worrisome thought crossed her mind, "The Royal Kingdom knows I'm alive...they want to take me away..."

Law frowned at this, now wide awake at her words. "That's too bad, as I've already said, you're my prisoner and I don't plan on letting you go."

"My grandfather is much more powerful than my uncle..." Tears welled in her sea prism stone eyes, "I don't want to see you get hurt or..." She couldn't bring herself to finish her sentence.

"Do you have such little faith in me, Miss Princess?" He smirked but his smirk fell as he noticed the helpless desolate look on her face. "The Admiral said he'd return soon with a reply, no point worrying when we don't know the response."

"How'd you kno-?" Felicity cut off with a squeak as he rolled onto his back pulling her on top of him.

"I talked to your new friends. They all seem quite taken with you, Miss Princess."

"Did you and Kid fight again?" She frowned.

"Do you like that oaf, Miss Princess?"

"That's not very nice." She swatted at him.

"You didn't answer my question."

Felicity blushed, "Yes, but not in the way you think." Law's eyes narrowed into a glare but he accepted her response without questioning her further. Felicity bit her lip wanting to ask him the question that had been burning in her mind since she'd woken up. "Are they still-..." She looked away as his eyes narrowed into a deeper glare.

"They're still nearby." He grumbled in annoyance and felt his heart skip a beat in his chest as the fairy like girl grinned at this news. "He said something about you not being able to leave without some pink monstrosity." Law shrugged, "What exactly is this pink monstrosity and why can't you leave it?"

Felicity smiled brightly, "Momo!" She giggled, "He's a cat."

"A pink cat?"

"Well not a real cat." Felicity amended, "They got him for me because I was having trouble sleeping." An involuntary shiver rolled down her spine and Law felt his stomach churn. Did her night terrors return? Because she felt like he'd abandoned her, again.

He felt sick with himself. "I don't think you'll be needing Momo anymore." He wouldn't leave her again, he couldn't let her suffer like that. "But I suppose we can keep him if you want."