)( Chapter Twenty One )(

Despite all that had happened in a recent turn of events, Felicity was still beside herself with worry. One of her uncle’s henchmen had discovered her. After she’d spent so much precarious time planning and staging her own death in a last stitch effort to get him to give up looking for her, in just a moment, it was all ruined. Bellamy was sure to report to her uncle. He’d know she was alive. Law wasn’t strong enough to take on her uncle and his men.

                “Are you alright, hime-chan?” Shachi pondered one evening as the majority of the crew lounged at the giant table in the kitchen. Heavenly aromas wafted around the room from the delectable meal the fairy like girl was preparing for them.

                Felicity shook herself from her worrying not even realizing she’d been neglecting her cooking and cast the crew a breathtaking smile, “Sorry, I’m just a little tired.” She attempted to reassure them all.

                “That have anything to do with you and the captain disappearing the other day?” Shachi inquired causing her face to burn.

                “W-what?!” Felicity squeaked and looked to the captain’s usual seat for help only to find it vacant. He’d missed breakfast this morning as well. Was he avoiding her?

                “Hime-chan, you’re blushing!” Shachi cackled.

                “I am not!” Felicity squealed and turned her back on the crew to finish preparing their dinner.

                “Does this mean hime-chan will stay?” Bepo asked quietly.

                Felicity smiled, “Would that be alright with everyone?”

                The kitchen erupted into a loud chorus of cheers and shouts. Everyone was overjoyed by the news that their beloved hime-chan would be staying.

                “So this means we should have a celebration, for the newest member of our crew.” Shachi beamed.

                “Who exactly are you initiating without my consent?” Felicity felt her heart skip a beat as the devilishly handsome captain of the Heart Pirates made his presence known, appearing in the doorway like a regal specter.

                “Hime-chan of course.” Shachi grinned.

                “I don’t recall saying she was joining the crew.” Law noted coolly wiping the grins off of everyone’s face.

                The crew exchanged confused glances.

                “She may be making her stay with us more permanent, but she is by no means a member of this crew.” Law pointed tonelessly.

                “I don’t understand-.” Shachi protested.

                “She’s merely my prisoner.” Law shrugged. He didn’t know what else to call it. There couldn’t possibly be a word that existed to describe what she was to him. He wanted to monopolize all of her time so it was spent with him and dictate where she went so he knew she was safe. She was his prisoner.

                “EH?!” The crew chorused.

                Felicity smiled to herself as she finished preparing everyone’s meal. They had no idea what true captivity was like. She’d spent a good portion of her life imprisoned and caged. This was euphoric bliss. The captain’s version of her imprisonment was the freest she’d ever felt.