)( Chapter Fifteen )(

Somehow Felicity managed to convince the captain of the Heart Pirates to try again. So late at night while the other crew members were sleeping she snuck out of her room to meet the captain in a small athletic room on the lowest level of the ship. Anxiousness mixed with a small thrill of excitement wormed through her as she tip toed barefoot through the metal corridor past the other crew members’ sleeping quarters.

                A pale blue dome of light seeped around her from the floor beneath her and she quickly clinched her eyes tightly shut with a squeak as she felt her body shift. “I don’t have all night, Miss Princess.” The cool captain of the Heart Pirates drawled in a lazy manner.

                Felicity opened her eyes and stared at the captain in awe before turning away with a blush. He wore a pair of black sweatpants with faint white leopard print speckles near his feet and nothing more. A heavy black tattoo of a spiked heart surrounding the typical smiley faced symbol adorned his well toned chest and there were even more tattoos on his arms that she hadn’t seen before.

                “What are you wearing?” Law tsked causing the now overly subconscious girl to look down and examine her current attire. She felt hyper aware of just how much the low cut nightgown revealed and quickly wrapped her arms around herself in a meager attempt to keep herself from feeling exposed. “I figured as much.” The captain sighed.

                There was a swish of fabric and suddenly two soft garments fell atop her head nearly toppling her in the process. Felicity squeaked as she nearly lost her balance and scrambled to catch the garments before they could fall. She stared blankly at the pair of sweatpants and hooded sweatshirt that was identical to the one the captain usually wore.

                “Wear those for now.” Law sighed bored.

                Felicity turned and headed for the door.

                “Miss Princess, where do you think you’re going?” The captain pondered.

                “To change.” She all but squeaked in reply.

                Law smirked, “It’s nothing I haven’t seen before.”

                Felicity’s cheeks flared with heat and she quickly reached up to cover her burning face.

                A dark haughty laugh sounded behind her and she felt a sudden pang of rejection at his words, “I am a doctor.” He’d treated her before and seen her at her worst. She was nothing more than a patient and a prisoner to him.

                She bawled her hands into fists, “Please don’t tease me.” Her voice came out weak and demure.

                “Have I made you angry, Miss Princess?” Law smiled. She needed to be angry or she’d never put forth effort to learn to fight. She was too soft.

                Felicity shook her head and escaped the room in silence to change. It wasn’t anger that had her body trembling. His words had left her feeling wounded and it was the silent sobs raking through her that had her body shaking.

                Blindly she wandered to the nearest supply closet and quickly shimmied out of her flimsy nightgown. The sweatpants were too big and she had to pull the drawstrings tight and double knot them to keep them from falling off of her. The sweatshirt completely dwarfed her, the sleeves nearly fell to her knees and the waist fell down around her bottom like a dress. Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment once more as she slowly trudged back to the small athletic room.