5. On the first day?

"Maria!" I yelled with excitement as soon as I spotted my best friend at the airport, her eyes scanning the area in search of us.

"I've missed you so much!" she exclaimed, pulling me into a bone-crushing hug. Her curly, brownish-black hair bounced up and down as her hazel eyes shone brightly.

"We have so much to catch up on," I told her as we headed towards my parents.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Walker," she said, waving shyly as they greeted each other.

We continued chatting until we arrived home, had dinner, and chatted as if there was no tomorrow, sharing every single detail about each other. Well, almost every detail - I didn't want to tell her about Kristrin and me, which I thought was no big deal and didn't want to get her worked up over nothing.

I sat there, giving her tips on how to survive at Williams Field High, from navigating the ranking system to avoiding pitfalls.

"I think someone's a little excited to see you tomorrow," I said with a smile and a wink.

"Who would that be? It's not like anyone here knows me," she spoke, bewildered at the thought of someone she didn't know being happy to see her.

"You'll see," I said, snuggling more into the warmth of my blanket.

"Well, anyway, I'm really tired. I'd love to chit chat some more, but I'd like to go to bed now," she sang sleepily.

She was super excited about her first day of school and wanted to sleep early to get as much beauty sleep as possible so she could make a great impression.

Meanwhile, I fell asleep without a care in the world.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I hated waking up to go to school in the mornings, but then again, it was necessary for a better future.

I quickly took a shower, pulled on a plain pink sweater, black jeans, and black sandals, and made my way downstairs to join Maria and Antonio for breakfast.

Maria was wearing tight skinny black ripped jeans with a blue crop top and some white sneakers. She had put on a good amount of makeup, presumably to make a great impression, but who was I to say?

Filling my taste buds with chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, bacon, and orange juice always made my mornings a happy one.

As we decided to leave and head for school, we came across an excited Steff waiting for us outside our house... or should I say, waiting for Maria.

"Steff!" I yelled, happy to see that my best friend was here to pick us up for school.

"Anna," he replied, pulling me into a hug. But as I was about to make my way to the front seat, he quickly opened the door, allowing Maria to saunter in.

Groaning, Antonio and I made our way to the backseat, completely ignored as Steff spoke only to an excited Maria about school. After dropping off Antonio, he then made a dash towards our school.

"Wow, your school is really big, almost like a castle. This is like ten times bigger than the school I used to attend back home!" Maria said, gazing outside the car window."

"Yeah, it is, and it's even bigger on the inside," Steff countered, grinning like a madman.

"I can give you a tour if you'd like. We're actually fifteen minutes early?" he asked with a little pout.

"Sure, why not!" Maria replied, and they both exited the car, leaving me behind.

And like the tagalong that I am, I just strolled behind as they came to the end of their most fascinating tour.