Chapter 60: Pretty Hurts

Start from the beginning

He continued to evaluate me in silence. " You seem a little chubby, but that's good on you. If you were to lose weight you wouldn't look right."

"Excuse me?"

"Did I ask you to speak?" He asked, sharply.

I glanced back at the girls who all looked just as offended as I was.

"You have a pretty face, just make sure she only where a little bit of make up." He said then stepped next to Donna again who had a smile on her face.

"Okay, Aleena you're done. Next is....Jojo."

Jojo showed no emotion, but that's just how she was was. No one ever knew what that child was thinking. Kenneth began circling around her as well. "She's 5'4. She's not a natural blonde. Her calves are too small."

"Who the hell do he think he is?" Liyah whispered.

"A total dick head." I answered.

She snickered and nodded her head. "Yeah, a major one.

"Smile." He ordered.

She smiled softly.

"She has a very youthful face, but I can tell she's twenty-three. She look to be thirteen. We needs to work on getting those legs bigger. "

"De, you're next."

De walked up to him rubbing her nose, then she inhaled slowly and made eye contact with him. I don't even think she knew what was going on. "Have you had any sleep?" Donna asked.

"What? Yeah." she said.

Donna eyed her suspiciously but still told him to start. " She's 5'4...you have nice thighs but they could be toned up more. Her boobs are too big...." He circled around her once more before facing her. "Nice cheek bones, all though, she'll look twenty years older if she wore make up."

He took a stepped back and glanced at Donna. " Nikki, honey, you're next."

Nikki walked up to them and placed her hands behind her back. "She's 5'10. He said. "She's too chubby. Could shed a few pounds, and her nose to wide for her face." He glanced at her again. " Yes, weight loss is definitely an option for her. She's too heavy."

My mouth dropped once again. Nikki's face was ashen, I could tell she was hurt by her comments, just by the way she began to chew on her tongue. "I can't believe he said that..." I said faintly.

"He should've just ripped out her ear ring," Liyah said. " That would've been less painful."

" Liyah." Donna called.

" Good luck." I told her.

Kenneth began circling around her in silence. For a moment he didn't say thing right off the spot like he had done the rest of us, when he finished he stepped back and began rubbing his chin. " She's 5'7....and a half. She's a runner and a dancer, her legs are very toned. But her figure is too straight, and why do she have that jewelry there?" He pointed towards her belly button ring.

" That's her signature style." Donna answered.

He nodded his head. " Her eyes a green, why?"

"I was born this way, if you don't like them they'll be grey tomorrow."

"Did I ask you to talk?"

" No, and the last time I checked I didn't need to have permission to talk either."

He stared at her long and hard before saying. " Her nose is too small for her and her lips are too full, she has dimples.....I guess that could work." He turned to Donna." She must be the lead singer, which means she's gonna need the most work out of all of them."

Liyah pressed her lips together and turned around. " I wasn't through with you." He said.

"Well I'm through with you. Donna can we talk to you? Privately, please?"

Donna Handed the clipboard to Kenneth without questioning. Liyah had walked to the farthest corner of the dance studio. " What the hell are you doing bringing him in here?" she asked when we all were close enough to hear.

" What? He's a good trainer."

"I don't give a crap how good of a trainer you say he is. We don't need training, and you bring this douche bag up in here judging our looks is something we definitely don't need."

The smile that once existed on her face was gone." Okay, first of all, you all need to know that in this industry you are expected to look a certain way and all those flaws was pointed out for a reason. He is gonna to have to where you guys get the most attention. "

"Getting attention isn't worth anything if we have to change ourselves for it!" Liyah protested. " If you think we need to be for and healthy them fine. But him comin' up in here judging us for our looks ain't gonna work."

"Look all I'm trying to do is help you ladies out."

"We never needed your help. The only reason why you're here is because Bobby gave you this job and I don't even wanna know how you ever convinced him to give it you. If you wanna help, help out your help is needed.

" Li-"

"No," she held up one finger, shutting her up. "either you put his ass in check, or I will have you both fired. And that is a promise." With that she left the group, heading back over towards Wayne and Timothy.

I snickered at Donna's expression. " Yeah, Donna. Check his ass or you're fired."

She said nothing. She just turned and walked away; Jojo and De Followed her.

I leaned on the mirror silently. " Do you think I'm fat?" Nikki asked.

I looked at her, she was examining herself in the mirror.

I shook my head." Don't listen to him Nikks, he's an ass hole."

"No, do you think I'm fat, just answer the question. "

I sighed. " No, you're not fat. You're thick. There's a difference."

"So in other words, I'm fat?"

"No, you're not."

"Compared to Liyah I am."

I rolled my eyes. " Seriously, Nikki? Everyone is fat compared to Liyah." I said.

She shook her head. " I have to go to the bathroom."

Nikki's POV

I closed the door slowly and locked it, blocking out the instrumental to our song that we were supposed to be rehearsing. Flipping on the light I was immediately introduced to my reflection in the mirror. I walked over towards the sink and took a look at myself.

I never noticed it before I did seem fatter then most of them. I knew everyone expected us to be skinny. I wasn't skinny, I was fat. My thighs touched each other and my butt was huge. My stomach wasn't flat and my face was so round. I stepped in closer. My nose was a little big. I could use a smaller one. I began trying to picture it smaller as I turned my head at different angles.

I need a nose job. That would fix that instantly. I looked back at the my body, thinking about all the times I had been called fat by family members and classmates. It never hurt as much as it did at that moment. I felt like a slob. Like I was imperfect. I guess I shouldn't have all those pancakes this morning.

Behind me I could see a toilet and it was surrounded by the stalls. I turned to myself as fresh tears began to form in my eyes. I knew that if I was skinnier he wouldn't have said that. That's why he didn't criticize Liyah about hers. She was perfect. I closed my eyes and inhaled the cool air through my nostrils. Fresh tears escaped from my eyes and fell down to my cheeks. I slowly walked out over to the toilet and fell down to my knees. Lifting up the toilet seat I slowly opened my mouth and forced my finger down my throat. Vomit came up instantly. All the fat, all the sloppiness was emptied from my soul and into the toilet.

Leaving me feeling empty, but my body feeling so full.