Chapter 34: Lovers and Friends

"Sitting here wasted and wounded at this old piano. Trying to hard to capture the moment, this morning I don't know. 'Cause a bottle of vodka still lounged in my head and some blonde gave me night mares I think that she's still in my bed. As I dream about movies they won't wake up me when I'm dead."

________________________

He pulled away from me and before I could think I slapped my hand across his face

He pulled away from me and before I could think I slapped my hand across his face. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I pushed him out of rage. He was staring at me in disbelief. His hand covered the spot where I had struck him.

"What you hit me for?"

I crossed my arms across my chest. " Why the hell did you kiss me for?!" I tried to keep my voice as low as possible.

"Look, I'm sorry. I just missed ya."

"Missed me?" I scoffed.

" Yes, I miss you, your smile.." He tried kissing me again but I moved my head away.

"Damon..." I sighed deeply.  I turned against the railing and stared down the hard cement. My words was holding my tongue.

"Why haven't you answered my phone calls?"

"I've been busy," I lied, not making eye contact with him.

"Busy?"

"Yes," I turned my head his direction. " We started our next album."

"And you couldn't tell me that."

"I honestly don't think it's any of your concern, Damon."

"Oh, don't tell me that bull shit, Liyah." His voice caused me to turn around to him. "I haven't heard from you since your birthday."

"I know," I said casually.

"Why not?" He stepped up to me but I stepped back trying to keep the distance between us.

"What kind of person do you think I am? You can't go sleeping with me and turn around and sleep with Stacy. I ain't gone stand for that."

"Me and Stacy don't talk no more-"

"Bull shit, I know you still see that tramp. And besides, I told you I was not interested in you. I'm sorry."

"Liyah, all that has changed. I only want you."

"Oh, so, because you fucked me once you think you love me now?" I laughed. " Is that it? You do realize we we were drunk, right? Like regrettably drunk. I made some stupid, impulsive decisions that night."

"No, that night was-"

I shook my head, holding my hand up stopping him in the middle of his sentence. "Look, we were drunk. It was a mistake. You can't honestly tell me that that meant something to you."

His eyebrows frowned. "You can't tell me that it didn't mean anything to you."

Did he hear anything I just told him? "It didn't" I replied. "I don't even remember any of it."

His mouth dropped slightly. "Wow, Liyah."

I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes. "Oh stop, it's the truth."

"What?! You can't tell me that that's the truth. After everything—"

I shook my head whilst cutting him off. "No, Damon. I don't. That night was a mistake. And even if it wasn't, I still wouldn't want to be with you, because you're not good for me."

"I'm not good for you?" He retorted, his lips quivering with frustration.

"No, you and Tj work together, and I know the shit that you do. I don't want nor do I need that kind of distraction right now. I just got the company to approve of our follow up and I don't want anything to mess it up. I got more important things that I'd rather be focused on. Plus, I don't need a romantic relationship right now."

"You don't need a—" he scoffed and threw his hands up. "Who be telling you this shit?"

"My therapist," I said.

He stared at me, scolding, for a long moment. "You gon be lookin' for me when you start to feel all that pressure. You know that right?"

I scoffed, offended that he even went there. "I'll manage."

The atmosphere seemed to hug at my skin tightly. He shook his head as he glanced at the freshly painted walls. "You're messed up, Liyah."

I looked out towards the parking lot and eyed his car as his words settled into my brain. "So, I've been told," I mumbled. "I see you finally got those tires fixed." I smirked. "Hope it didn't cosy too, too much."

Damon narrowed his eyes at me as my smirk became more taunting. "Yeah," was all he said.

I turned slightly towards my door. Well, congrats. I'm happy for ya. Now, can you get from in front of my door and never call my house again?"

Frowning, he said, "Crazy bitch..."He turned and stormed down the steps leaving his words to remain in the air circling around my neck, choking me.

Damn....I wished he would've just yanked my belly button ring out. That would've been less painful.....

Michael's POV

The sun light burned my eyes as they opened. I instantly closed my eyes again as a sharp pain shot through my head. I covered my face with the covers trying to block the sun's rays. I groaned as the progressed. I couldn't understand why I had such a bad headache. I didn't remember anything from the night before. So the fact that I woke up to find myself in the hotel really confused me. I remembered going to a club with Justin but that was about it.

I slowly peeked my head from under the sheets. I stretched my leg out towards the side and it hit something. I turned around to see some woman lying in bed next to me, sleeping. My heart began to panic as I sat up quickly.

What happened?!

I tried to think about everything but all I remember is going there, and dancing. Why was I even there? I couldn't remember. Another sharp pain shot through my head again and I held it in agonizing pain.

I was dancing and...what?

I looked over at the girl. She looked familiar. Her caramel skin seemed to shine in the sun light. Her curly hair was covering her face. She looked too familiar. I lifted my hand slowly moved a hand full of hair from her face.

My heart dropped to the pits of my stomach. "Vanessa?" I whispered slowly.

Oh God, no.....

I felt as though the whole earth was spinning. I glanced around the room frantically realizing that....this wasn't even my hotel room. With much force and strength I pulled myself out of bed. I had to get away before she woke up.

_____

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter.