Chapter 57: It Won't Stop

De's POV

I always wondered what I would do if I ever saw my brother standing in my presence ever again: beat his ass, curse him out, tell him that I never wanted to see or talk to him again? Anytime I ever thought about it, there were many scenario's that I had came up with. If I were to curse him out, I had a mental script ready for that moment. If I were to kick his ass I knew exactly where I wanted him to feel pain the most. If I were to not ever talk to him again I would just simply walk away.

Now, I didn't know.

I just stood there looking at him, scolding at him as the world around me disappeared into nothingness. I felt as though everything was in slow motion and I was beginning to mentally see why I never wanted to see him again. I tried to fight the memory away. The van drenched in drugs and alcohol. The sweaty men all over my body, hurting me, beating me. All stale taste of blood on my lips. I spent these years trying to forget about it and the drugs helped - that was only temporary.

"De!" Someone was snapping in front of my face but I didn't know who. All I heard was fingers, I saw absolutely nothing. I was still reliving that moment, and with every second I was the more the anger build up inside of me. "Denise!"

"What?!" I practically yelled as the vision began to fade and I found myself back in airport. Nikki was snapping her fingers in my face still, I frustratedly pushed them away.

"We gotta go, we're gonna be late for the video shoot." She said.

I glanced at my brother who was holding a conversation with my mother. "Okay.." I said, faintly. "Ma, let's go."

My mother turned to me and nodded and began walking towards De with her suitcase rolling behind her. DJ began to follow her but stopped in his tracks to look at me." Nice seeing you too, lil sis. You look good."

I rolled my eyes. "And you look like you've been raped in the ass for four years."

He gave me a sarcastic smile and ran up to Nikki. I shook my head and groaned under my breath. He made so sick sometimes, especially when he did stuff like that. I should've just punched him in his face right then and there.

"Hey," I said to Stephanie as I gently grabbed her arm. " put some more of that stuff in my purse, okay?" Even though I had already done it not even thirty minutes ago, the desire was burning in my throat.

She nodded her head and placed her arm around me as we walked out the airport.

~•~•~

"So I heard y'all been gettin pretty famous out here." He said as he was glancing outside the window. I was staring at my brother with a sense of suspicion, but also confusion. The last time I had saw him he was tall and scrawny. Now he was buff with muscles, like he had spent countless hours working out in a jail cell or something. He didn't even look like the guy I grew up with as a kid.

"How'd you find that out and you been in jail?" Nikki asked.

"I've been out for three months now. They talk about y'all all the time up in Harlem."

"Really?"

"Yeah, somethin' about y'all being like the best right now. I don't know, I been hearin' a lot." he shrugged his shoulders and began to dig dirt from under his nails. "Mainly about Aj."

I scold at him. Everyone knew not to say that girl's name around me anymore. It made blood boil, made me want to break everything in sight. I literally could not stand that girl.

A cocky smile spread across my face. "They say that my girl be gettin' it."

I rolled my eyes. "Have you even heard any of our music?" I asked, hoping he would change the subject.