Chapter 37: Genius

I tried not to think much about Michael being on the dance floor with Vanessa. The girls can't seem to understand why I'm so nonchalant about the whole thing. Well, for one, we aren't together any more. So, he's free to dance with whom ever he wants on the dance floor. Two, I don't know if that was actually true. With the way De has been acting lately, I don't know if that story is actually accurate. I mean, I didn't see them myself, so I why make a big deal off something I didn't see? And third of all, even if I did see him with her, I can't get mad because we're not together anymore. He can dance with and sleep with whom ever he wants. If that's what he wants to do then fine. It's his life.

I spent my days with him heavy on my mind, though. I would spend about four hours with him in the studio hating every single second of it and leave wishing I could stay with him forever. I didn't understand why I was feeling that way. Then again, my feelings for the past few years have been a huge mystery to me. I knew I was still in love with him. There was no doubt about that. The question was will he ever give me a chance again. I know he wants me to tell him why I broke up with him but I don't think I have the strength to do so. I don't think I can take the tears. Not from him--from me.

Maybe it wasn't the tears I was afraid of, maybe it was the reaction.

While working on our new album De and I decided to do a little bit of shopping during my break. I had to get back at the studio to meet Quincy and Michael to work on the songs. She was babbling on about something but I didn't know exactly what mainly because my mind was elsewhere. I wasn't thinking about him, I was thinking about my mother.

I wanted to speak with her. I had been trying to get in touch with her since I had gotten out but it was hard. She just up and left only told Leena that she was just going back to Harlem. I needed so badly to speak with her which made me regret not ever talking to her when I had the chance. I was just being a stubborn little bitch. I-

I felt De nudge my arm. "Do I know her?" She asked me without even looking up from the clothing rack we was looking at. "I don't think I know her."

"What are you talking about? Who?" I looked out if the corner of my why to see a group of about four girls who didn't look that much older than I was.

"Her, she keep looking at me."She whispered.

I rolled my eyes. "De, we're celebrities people are gonna look."

She shook her head slowly. "I don't know...I don't like the way she lookin' at me. She's mean mugging me."

"Stop being so paranoid, De." I whispered back. "And stop looking at her, you gone start something!"

"I'm not being paranoid, that girl is lookin'--"

"Is there a problem?!" the girl stepped out in the aisle placing her hand on her hip.

I pulled De's arm trying to stop her from doing something she would regret. "I don't know, you tell me."

" Okay, I'll tell you." She said ad she stepped closer to us. Her cheap perfume was filling my nose causing me to become slightly dizzy. She pulled her jacket back revealing her growing stomach. "You see this baby?" She rubbed her hand down It. "This is Wayne's baby. Yeah, I got it too."

My eyes widened. I felt De go tense as she stared at her. Her eyebrows frowning, upper lip curling above her teeth. "You bitch!!" She began to charge at her. Her hands swinging at her. Her friends pulled her back so she wouldn't be affected by her rage.

"Yeah, he handled it. He handled it real well!!!!"

That set her off. She slammed her hand across her face. "If you don't stay away--"