Almost caught

Oh shit, my parents are awake. I lay down in my warm bed and pretends to be asleep. After a while, I actually fall asleep though. When I wake up I notice that my parents are awake and making coffee in the kitchen.

I'm still wearing the clothes I wore yesterday, and the note Jasper gave me is under my pillow. I put on a black tube top and basic jeans. I decide to wear the perfume Jasper gave me on our one month anniversary. 

I walk down the stairs, my mom looks miserable. My dad looks pretty happy though, he might be hiding his feelings but I don't think so. My dad hated my brother. My mom is still wearing that violet shirt she wore yesterday. 

The shirt is wet from all the tears that she has cried. I absolutely feel bad my mom. I can't imagine what she's going through, losing her first child and stuff. 

"Good morning, Octavia," dad says. 

"Good morning, mom and dad," I respond. 

"I'm going out," I say. 

"It's dangerous to go out today, someone has escaped." 

"What? Who?" 

"I prefer that you stay at home, it's safer for you." 

Shit, my parents know about Jasper. I wonder if they know that I sneaked out yesterday, probably not. They would have questioned me by now. I go up to my room and I lock the door. I'm gonna tell Jasper that I'm coming later tonight. 

Jasper doesn't respond, I'm sure he's asleep. The nurses are taking good care of him, and no one can kidnap him again. It's my birthday soon and then I'll be free. I want to start a life with Jasper even if I lose my parents' trust and support. 

I hope my mom decides to leave my dad soon as well, she isn't very happy with him anymore. I wonder what caused her to marry someone like him. She used to be a regular girl with a normal family and then he came along and changed that. 

I get a phone call from Jasper, he tells me that he is allowed to go home tomorrow and that it's better if I see him then. He's also gonna start looking for jobs tomorrow since he's running out of money. I'm glad that I paid for everything in the capital, he would've been homeless by now if I didn't. 

The Next Day

Today I'm meeting Jasper and seeing our house for the first time. I'm so thrilled to see it, and of course, meet him again. My parents are working, probably still trying to figure out where he is located. 

I walk outside from the front door, I haven't done that in weeks. Jasper and I are meeting at the address that he gave me, nothing can ruin my day today.