Sick (Adrien X Reader)

Knock, knock, knock

Knock, knock, knock. "(Y/N)?" Your Mom peeked her head in your room with a small cupcake in the palm of her hand. "Is the birthday girl awake? Or is she going to sleep in on her special day?" The excitement in your mother's eyes faded when she hurt a sick cough come from under your covers.

"Mom..." you groaned, popping your messy head out from under the blankets. "I think I'm sick."

Your mom goes over to you and places a hand on your head. "Oh my!" she gasped. "Sweetie, you're burning up!"

You groaned again and pulled the blankets back over your head. "Our of all the days that I could've gotten sick, why did it have to be today?

"Aw I'm so sorry, pumpkin." she said before placing a kiss on your warm forehead. She sat your birthday cupcake down on your nightstand and says, "You better tell Adrien to call off whatever little surprise party he's throwing for you this year."

Every year on your birthday Adrien throws a surprise party for you. Each surprise party he throws for you seems to be getting bigger and better every year, but it looks like he's gonna have to cancel this year's bash.

As soon as your mother left the room to make you some 'birthday soup' (as to what she now calls it), you grabbed your cell phone to give your boyfriend the bad news. You pressed his name and you go to press the 'call' button, but you froze. You stared down at the button as you ponder over whether if you want to disappoint your boyfriend or not. Each year he spends a ton of time and dedication on your birthday just to see you smile. Do you really want to disappoint or possibly anger him?

You place your phone back down and throw the warm blankets off your shivering body. You stumble over to your closet and begin to pick out what outfit you're going to wear to the party.

"I AM NOT gonna disappoint the guy who's willing to put in all that hard work of planning a party just for me."

~~short time skip~~

"Birthday soup is done!" your mom said in a singsong voice as she came walking into your room with a warm bowl of soup in her hands. Her smile lowered when she saw you standing there in a cute little baby blue sundress, your face beautifully decorated with makeup to hide your sickly look.

"Hey mom!" you greeted happily, trying to sound as healthy as possible. "I'm feeling so much better now."

You mom sighs and flashes you a sad smile. "You can't fool me, (Y/N)." she said while setting the bowl of soup down onto your nightstand. "I know you want to go to the party, but you're sick and I don't want you getting any sicker." She walks over to you and cups your cheek in the palm of her hand. "Go take that stuff off and get some rest, hun. I'm sure Adrien will understand."

"Okay..." you said sadly.

With a smile, your mom kisses you on the head before leaving you alone to change. Just when the door shut, you shot your head towards the window with a devious look in your eye.

"I sorry mom, but I can't disappoint him."

~~later that day~~

"Places everyone!" Adrien shouted. "She's going to be here any minute now!" Many people scurried around as they tried to find a decent place to hide.

This year Adrien is throwing a surprise party with all your classmates at his mansion. The place was beautifully decorated with balloons, streamers and most importantly, a giant cake placed in he center of the room. Adrien has really outdone himself this year, along with the help of his friends of course.

"SHE'S COMING!" Nino alerted.

"Marinette!" Adrien called, gaining her attention. "The lights!"

She gave him a firm nod before quickly switching off the lights. Just when the lights were off and everything was silent, the door creaked open.

"Adrien?" you said while peering your head out from behind the door. "I'm here." You step in a little further before closing the door behind you. "Is anyone h-"

The lights turn on. "SURPRISE!!" everyone cheered as they jumped up from their hiding places.

You jump back with surprise. You didn't expect there to be THIS many people at your party.

"Happy birthday, princess." Adrien said while pulling you into an embrace.

"Adrien!" you gasped. "You really outdone yourself this year!"

"Yeah." he said while proudly looking around at his creation. "And it's all for my special girl."

You blush and look down at your feet. "Thank you Adri-" You were cut off when you suddenly began coughing.

Adrien's smile dropped and worry washed over him. "Whoa, (Y/N), are you okay?" he asked while placing a hand on you.

You look back up at him, your eyes now red and watery. "I-I'm fine." you said while giving him half a smile.

"You don't look fine." he said with concern in his voice. "Do you need to sit down?"

"I'm fine, babe." you reassured him before giving him a quick peak on the cheek. "It was just a little cough. No big deal."

A little cough? That didn't sound like a little cough to Adrien, but he chose just to let it slide even though it still bothered him. "Come on!" you said while grabbing his hand. "Let's cut into this cake!"

"YES! AT LAST!" Nino cheered.

As you go to cut the cake, the room around you suddenly began to spin, but you slightly shook your head and blinked a few times to ease the spinning.

"Just hang in there, (Y/N). Just relax and enjoy the party with Adrien. Besides, you're pretty sure you can survive the whole party."

"Right?"

Okay so there will be a part 2 of this chapter coming out later this week.