Chapter Seven - Roses Are Red Violets Are Blue And I'm Stalking You!

Start from the beginning

"And what if I say yes...yes it is because of Daniel? Then what?" His jaw clenched. "What if I say that Daniel, knows me better than the man I'm sleeping with? What if I say he trusted me without needing any proof of my innocence? What if I said he is something real? What if I say that I know beyond doubt that sex isn't just a word to him?"

"Have you...have you slept with-"

"No! I told you I wouldn't sleep with anyone else as long as I am fucking you." He visibly relaxed but was still clearly angry. "But if I want to date him, I will."

"I don't want you to date him." There was a certain plea in his voice.

"And I don't want you to have whatever relationship it is you do with Lorraine." He gave me another warning look and I returned it.

"Exactly, if I don't have the right to make a demand like that than neither do you. Congratulations Mr. Quinn you got exactly what you wanted from me, sex without the emotions. Oh and the next time Lorraine wants to steal my presentation tell her to memorise it so she doesn't get caught."

***

"You alright?" I dragged my face away from my hands and looked up at Daniel.

"I'm just great." I replied sarcastically.

"Was he that angry with you for saving the project?" I shook my head.

"No he was more angry that I insulted Lorraine by finishing the presentation I made because she stole it from me and then couldn't fucking present it properly."

"Who cares about th-" he silenced and his focus was on someone behind me, I swivelled in my chair to find Lorraine and Aaron standing there. Aaron seemed impassive and Lorraine looked both embarrassed and resentful.

"Lorraine." Aaron prompted and that's when my curiosity peaked.

"I...I am sorry Charlie Reed, It was highly unprofessional of me to use your presentation. And I also may have misunderstood what you meant last night, we were tired and I thought what I was doing was for the benefit of Quinn Industries." Her jaw was clenched and her tone was laced with snark and insincerity. I looked from her to Aaron.

"It seems the accusations I made earlier were incorrect Miss Reed and I apologise. I hope that this doesn't effect your decision to continue with this deal...I mean project." It was strange he was talking about the project but somehow I felt like he was speaking about us. It felt like he couldn't care less about the project but he needed to know if I no longer wanted to continue with the deal we made. "I know that the relationship will need some work but I'm willing to move past this and make an effort if you are?"

His eyes were focused on me and his gaze was almost desperate. "But if you want out I won't stop you, if you want a different project I'll just have to except that." He shot a look at Daniel then returned his focus to me. Was I still in this? Did I want to be? The truth was that I had no idea, the thought of not being with Aaron in anyway made me ill and the thought of choosing sex with him over a shot at something real with Daniel made me fell shame and disgust in myself.

"And what if I want both? To continue to work on this initial project but also explore other projects?" His hands balled into fists at his sides and then his body sagged in I think defeat.

"Than I'll learn to accept that, as long as it doesn't interfere with the terms of the first project." I faintly felt Daniel's hands squeeze my shoulders and Aaron clenched his jaw further.

"I told you Charlie no matter what the truth would come out one way or another! Just like I believed you now so does Aaron." My eyes were locked with Aaron's and it felt like we were saying both goodbye and hello. Like we were ending something but also starting something and I couldn't shake the feeling that this would become even more complex and dysfunctional then our attempt at a friends-with-benefits relationship had become.