Clearly never met mine

~ Zane P.O.V

Reluctantly I turned around and returned home. By the time we got there, everyone was gone except my cousin the king and his luna, mother, Summer, and Isabella with her parents.

" Care to explain why you when all feral?" My cousin King Kalane ask amused.
I grumble at him and he shakes his head.

" I am your King it's rude to grumble at me," He says teasing me. If he wasn't my king I would have beaten the shit out of him right now. I hate his playful side, I prefer his bloodthirsty side more.

" He deserved to die" I growl.

" Oh come on Zane you have to give me more than that. The Elder Council is furious right now. I just got off the phone with them. The pup informed them of your murderous attempt, stepping on pack land and keeping his mate hostage." I know I should have killed him at the Gala.

" He drugged and raped her"

" So this is about a female?" He sighs.

" Bring the she-wolf to me" He smirks.

" She isn't a wolf" I grumble.

" A witch?"

" Nope" Kyle pop the p with a goofy grin on his soon to be broken face.

" Goddess don't tell me she isn't a bloodsucker?" Kalane exasperated, running his finger through his hair.

"Human" I rolled my eyes at his antics.

" Human? huh." He glared at me, shock and entertained, fighting back the urge to punch his pretty-boy face.

" You hate human... Why is she so special?" Oh, Goddess, they all could guess by now. Why do they still insist on me saying it out loud? I grunt annoyed and glare at him. The bastard folds his arm across his chest even more entertained wiggling his brows.

" Thank the Goddess I'm your king because being your cousin wouldn't have saved me from your murderous glare." The smug prick is the only one I know that actually stands a chance in a fight against me. He isn't intimidated by me, plus we both love challenging each other.

" I'm still debating that!" I grunt at him.

" Have you lost your God damn mind!" Her sweet magnolia scent invades me before I even heard her small hoarse voice screaming at me. She was crying. My heartbreaking to comfort her, feeling her sadness and fear. Even with all that happened to her she still is a feisty little thing. I couldn't help but feel proud.

" Don't test me Kitten" I use my alpha tone. That when right over her head. She stomps towards me even more infuriated if that was possible.

" Silver don't-" Ema tried stopping her but she ignored her. And they say I have a bad temper.

" Don't use that shit on me. I'm not a wolf!" She snapped." Did you think about the result of your actions? I do not need a bright and fucking shining knight to save me! I can handle this on my own!" Yea, she is doing a great job at it so far. He fucking raped her. Goddess knows how many time and she still thinks she has it handle. She might be delusional as well.

Kalane giggle like a little girl entertained by my mate tantrum. Everyone else holding their breaths in fear of my reaction towards her. Truth be told if she wasn't my mate I would have had her flogged and tongue cut out. I killed wolves for less. My mate is a lot of things but being submissive isn't one of them. I'll just have to teach it to her.

" I notice how well you handled it. I can smell your paralyzing fear when he touched you. Even his near presence sends fear coursing through your veins. So go on tell me, my dear mate" I emphasize the word mate. The daze expression on everyone's face didn't go unnoticed, well almost everyone. My father, Kyle and Ema were unfazed. Everyone else assumed but now it's finally confirmed.