32. Hug

Confused by the older Seungmin returned the hug, smiling into Hyunjin's chest.
They stayed like that for a while and both of them silently enjoyed the moment for as long as it lasted.

"So, why did you want to meet?", Seungmin then asked, backing off a tiny bit to lift his head in order to look at the older.
"I just wanted to see you" he mumbled in response, but that didn't make very much sense for Seungmin.
"We would've seen each other again tomorrow, you wouldn't have had to wait that long" Seungmin argued.
Of course, he was happy to see his best friend, but something was off. He frowned his eyebrows and stood on his tiptoes in order to be nearer to Hyunjin's face, staring into his eyes.
"And why else?", he asked, trying to somehow get the truth out of him.
The movement of Hyunjin's eyes already told Seungmin that he was nervous for some reason.
"There's not more to it" Hyunjin assured, pushing Seungmin back on his full feet by his shoulders before wrapping his arms around his waist again.
Seungmin didn't say anything this time and simply wrapped his arms around the other as well, laying his head onto Hyunjin's chest and listening to his heartbeat which was sped up.

'Why doesn't he just tell me what's going on?' Seungmin asked himself, sort of sad that Hyunjin didn't tell him.
Seungmin didn't notice how one if Hyunjin's hands began to wander. Only when he stroked through his hair he felt that the hand was missing in his waist.
Hyunjin mumbled something under his breath what Seungmin couldn't understand clearly, so he didn't respond to it and just leaned into the touch that felt so extremely right yet so unbelievably wrong.

Hyunjin looked down on his best friend, so cute and beautiful like always, looking even better in his arms...
When Seungmin leaned into his touch he couldn't help but smile. Oh, how he'd like to see this every morning when he woke up.
"Hey Minnie" he whispered, getting the attention of the younger within seconds. "Have I ever told you how cute you are?", he asked, grinning at the other who turned red immediately and tried to hide his face in Hyunjin's shirt, but he didn't let him. He grabbed his head with both of his hands and made him look at him, even though he still didn't hold eye contact.
"Don't hide," Hyunjin said ever so softly.
The red colour on Seungmin's cheeks only turned deeper when he looked at him properly.
"Then don't say stuff like that" he pouted, laying his hands above Hyunjin's.
"But it's the truth" the latter argued, still smiling while caressing his cheek with his thumb.
"It's not" Seungmin replied, trying to get out of his hold but failing miserably.
"It is. You're the cutest, most beautiful and most precious human to exist" Hyunjin stated, making Seungmin's whole face flush red.
"Stop iiiiit"
"Never~"
"You're so mean"
"But only because you're so easy to provoke"
Seungmin really wanted to wipe that victorious smile off of his face, but on the other hand, he looked so handsome and stunning smiling like that.
"You're lucky that you're you" Seungmin mumbled before taking a step back, out of Hyunjin's reach.

"The curfew will start soon, we should go to our dorms" he then stated with sad eyes. He didn't want this to end but he knew it had to.
Hyunjin sighed and stepped closer a bit and reducing the space between them again.
"I know, but let me do one last thing," he said in a whisper before leaning down and giving Seungmin a kiss on the forehead and then on the cheek.
"See you tomorrow," he told him before walking past the younger and out of the library, leaving Seungmin back flustered.
When the door closed behind him he wanted to smack himself.
Why did he do that? Sure, he and Seungmin have always been quite affectionate and touchy but something about that felt different this time. What if he did something wrong and Seungmin hated him now? He tried to not think about anything negative and quickly made his way to his room, completely ignoring anyone who he met in the way.

Meanwhile, Seungmin tried to process everything that just happened and every time he replayed it in his head, the more he thought of what happened if Hyunjin had kissed him on the lips instead.
"No Seungmin, stop it. That will never happen" he told himself, shaking his head violently to get the thought out of his head.
He decided he should leave the library as soon as possible, maybe he won't think about it anymore if he wouldn't be at the place where it happened.
But of course, the thought was in his head the whole time. He was thinking about it so much he didn't even realise that he almost ran against his dorm door.
In his room he quickly changed and hid underneath his blanket, burying his head under a pillow, trying everything to not think about it anymore.
But of course, it didn't work, the thought stuck with him the rest of the evening and in the night as well, leaving him to hope that he wouldn't also dream about it as well, making his unfulfilled wish feel even worse.
At least that was what he told himself, that he didn't want to think about it anymore. On the other hand, he already dreamed about things similar to it and if he's being honest he never really disliked the feelings he had in his dreams.
But dreams will stay dreams, especially if two people are affected by it, one being his best friend.
Then again he also told himself that he was too young to think about stuff like that or to even fantasise about doing just the smallest thing with Hyunjin. Why can't he just stop thinking about his for once? Like that it would hurt way less to see him with other people, especially with girls and seeing him being that happy while being around them.
"Just give up already. You'll never stand a chance" he quietly, almost silently told himself before falling asleep.

________

HEYYY, I managed to upload on time hihi.
I hope y'all like it~
I also hope that you don't dislike the fact that HyunSeung is a quite big topic in this fanfic as well 😅😅

Anyway,,, liked and comments are always appreciated uwu

See y'all next week ~

Phi