7. Underwater

Pomfrey threw everyone out of the hospital wing, telling them, that she'll look for wounds and that she'll treat them. After that, they could visit him again.
She put up a curtain barrier around the boy's bed after everyone left the room.

"Please don't tell anyone" Jisung suddenly murmured, opening his eyes only a tiny bit, eyeing the woman who began to unbutton his shirt so she can inspect him properly for wounds.
"What do you mean?", she asked him, it was only a whisper. "You'll see" he answered, passing out shortly after.
Pomfrey wasn't sure what he meant by it but she would just have to believe the kid's words, that she'll find out what he meant.
When she found out, was he meant, she was shocked, but she was sure to keep her mouth shut, just like the boy asked her to. Even though she was sure that Dumbledore should be told about it sooner or later. But she'd let the boy decide whether or not or when he would tell him.

After getting his wounds treated and becoming conscious again, he saw more people than he expected. Not only Chaeyoung was standing beside the bed but also Dumbledore, Snape and Minho were there. They were talking about something until they noticed that Jisung was awake.
"You need to tell us what happened" Dumbledore began, looking down to the boy. But he didn't know what to answer. He didn't even know what happened after he was dragged underwater by something.
"What happened in the past 20 hours" the old man then asked again.
"20 hours?", Jisung asked in disbelief. Was he really underwater that whole time?
"Yes, so now tell me: what do you remember?"
"Nothing really, just that... some hand dragged me down into the water as soon as I fell in it" he tried to recall his memory, but that was the only thing he knew from that point until he woke up here.
"Nothing else?" this time, Snape asked but the boy just slightly shook his head.
The teachers exchanged looks, then came to a conclusion. "Rest now Jisung, we'll talk again as soon as you'll be better" Dumbledore announced, turning around and leaving the room, followed by Snape.
Chaeyoung was now sitting on a chair next to his bed, Minho standing beside her. "How did you survive being underwater for so long?", she asked, not to get details, just out of curiosity. "I have no idea," Jisung told her, moving his head to the side so he could look at her.
His skin was slowly turning back to a human colour and his wounds, at least most of them, stopped bleeding.
"What happened to them?", Jisung then asked, referring to the boys who threw him into the lake.
First, neither of the two knew what he meant but Chaeyoung realised it fast.
"They were scolded by a few teachers and they have to sit through a few hours of detention," Chaeyoung told him, making Minho realise now as well what he meant.
"Did they knew that you can't swim?", she then asked. "I can swim" Jisung hissed under his breath. "Fairly well actually, there was something in the lake that dragged me down that I couldn't fight" he then explained.
Minho frowned. "How can there be something in the lake? Creatures are forbidden in it due to swim training in summer" he asked. "I don't have a single clue. But there was something. And I think it tried to kill me" Jisung only whispered the last part but both of the others could pick it up. "It didn't let go until..." he continued. "Until what?", Chaeyoung asked. "The water... It heated up I think and it let go of my leg" he ended. After that, the memories got foggy again, but at least he could recall a bit more now.
"A creature that lives in the water but can't stand heat?", Minho quietly asked himself, thinking if he knew anything like that, but he didn't. He decided to ask Wonwoo and Chan later that day.

They stayed with the boy for a bit longer until they had to go to lunch. Jisung wouldn't be allowed out of the hospital wing for at least the next day but Chaeyoung said, that she'll visit him.
Of course, Jisung was thankful but he also still didn't want her to be involved in all the things that already happened and will happen to him while he was at Hogwarts. And Minho still seemed rather scary. He knew that the older isn't a bad person but he could already see his death if Chaeyoung would get hurt because of him, somehow. Because he'd always take the blame. Especially when it comes to people he is good with, he'd take the blame just so they could have it easier. He'd take any punishment to protect others, even those who didn't deserve being protected instead of punished.

While being alone Jisung had a lot of time to think. To think about so many things he shouldn't be thinking about.
His past, his present as well as his future.
There were so many things that already happened due to his family and so many more that will come. He didn't want to think about it but there was no way around. He was alone, it was quiet, he couldn't move on his own without being in a lot of pain.
Jisung desperately tried to move his thoughts away from his family but there was just so much to think about, he could try to think about another topic and his family would still somehow come in mind with any topic.
It annoyed him. The family he didn't see for the past three years, the family that didn't want to see him for the last three years, the family that abandoned him because a damn letter, the family that was fault at so many things, the family he hated, the family he belongs to but doesn't want to and never did.

_______________________
I hope you liked it, feel free to leave comments and likes if you did ^^

Phi