Chapter Fifty-Five

Magsimula sa umpisa

"How do you feel?" Carlisle asks me attentively.

"Stronger. I feel much stronger than I did before."

"And the burning sensation?" He questions, his eyes hopeful.

"Almost completely gone."

He smiles happily, "It seems as though it's working exceptionally well. Your face has lifted, and you seem to be more alive."

I crack a smile at his pun.

"However, the blood is starting to mix into your golden irises, they'll turn crimson in a few days."

"Will they ever change back?" I ask in a small voice.

"After you give birth, then yes, I think they will. Of course once you have help reverting back to the animal diet," he explains, with a sudden confidence in his voice.

"You think I'll survive."

He nods happily, "I think you have a much higher survival rate than you did before."

My lips widen into a huge grin as Carlisle and I realise I could beat this. I could survive and raise my little baby.

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

Several days later my phone vibrates loudly. Sighing I pick it up and look down at caller ID.

Bella Swan was calling me.

Chuckling I answer the call, "Hello dear sister, this is you're better half speaking."

"Emily, I need you help," she murmurs urgently.

I sit forward my face turning serious at the tone of her voice, "What's wrong Bella?"

"I don't know...I mean I do...but it's not possible..." She uncontrollably complains.

"Bella!" I say sternly, "Pull yourself together, calm down and explain to me what you think isn't possible."

She slows her breathing trying to avoid a panic attack, "...I think I'm pregnant..."

The line goes quite on both ends as I sit there shell shocked from her revelation.

"Em! Are you still there?" Bella frantically mumbles.

"I...um...well-"

"-I know it's completely messed up. I screwed up. Edward is acting so cold and disgusted towards me. I mean it's not my fault, it's ours. You've always told me it's takes two to tango-"

"-Bella! Calm down!" I say firmly, "It's not your fault. And I'm not angry at you. Why would I be?"

"Because I got knocked up at eighteen with my vampire husband."

"Meh. I could say the same thing..."

"What are you talking about. Emily, this is serious-oh my god. You're pregnant!" Bella yells down the phone.