Chapter Fifty-Four

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well you're growth rate is incredibly fast, given your vampirism. And your increased hunger might become a complication," He explains.

I fall back onto the bed I'm laying on, "This is a lot to take in."

"I know, but the more we know the better it will be for you."

I frown when Jasper comes to my mind, "Does he know?"

Carlisle nods sadly, "Yes...and he doesn't believe it's possible."

"Of course he doesn't," I groan, swinging my legs over the side of the bed and standing up.

"We're gonna need to keep and eye on you for a while, I need to have frequent checks to record the baby's growth rate. You already have a little bump," Carlisle suggests.

I instantly look down and place a hand over the small bump, glancing up at Carlisle, "I...I..."

"You've been out for roughly three days."

I glide over to the mirror staring down at my image for a few moments, "Has Alice seen my future?"

Carlisle shakes his head, "I'm not sure. She's kept to herself. I think she wants to talk to you though."

"Okay, lead the way," I say following him into the living room.

"Emily!" Alice chirps loudly, rushing over to me, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Hello Alice," I chuckle, "I heard you wish to speak to me."

She nods, "Well you and our family."

She guides me to the sofa, her and Rose taking a seat next to me. Everyone scattered around, Jasper standing the furthest away. I catch his intense eyes instantly looking away.

"How is this possible?" I ask Alice, "I mean I'm a vampire and vampires can't procreate."

Alice offers a small smile, "I had a vision, while you were unconscious. It helped me understand what was happening. Your gift has adapted your body, reverting you in a sense to be more human than vampire."

"Does this mean I could die?" I ask, fear written in my voice.

I notice the hesitation in her eyes, "Truthfully, I don't know. There is a possibility, but, I can't know for sure since your future is void to me."

"You can't see my future..."

She nods sadly, "I'm sorry."

I Instinctively wrap my arms around my abdomen, thinking over all the information, "It's not you're fault Alice. Nobody could have predicted this."

I reach out and squeeze her hand reassuringly, along with Rose's.

Carlisle steps forward, "This will be your choice Emily, we'll do what we can to support you."

I smile at his words before glancing over at my husband's unreadable expression.

I close my eyes whispering my choice, "I'll take the risk..."

Jasper growls loudly as he advances towards me getting locked in Emmett and Caleb's arms.

"Do you know what it's gonna do to you?" He snaps, "What am I supposed to do if you don't make it?"

I flinch at his raised voice, Rose standing up in front of him.

"Back off, brother," Rose threatens holding a protective stance in front off me.

Jasper violently shrugs off both Emmett and Caleb speeding out of the room.

I sit there staring at the ground as the tears begin to fall. Carlisle leaves the room with Emmett and Caleb in search of Jasper, while the others try their best to comfort me.

Rose pulls me into a hug as I breakdown in her arms, "He hates me!" I cry.

"No honey, he doesn't," Esme heartwarmingingly says wiping away stray tears, "He's worried, confused and unable to understand this mother's instinct that you're feeling."

I offer a small smile, leaning into Rose who holds me tightly against her chest.

xxemsy2510xx