Chapter Forty-Three

Começar do início

"Oh, good." I state gritting my teeth together.

"But she's in love with me, too. She just won't admit it to herself," he says.

I slowly bring my eyes away from my fiancé over to the werewolf, my mind shadowing his thoughts, a sigh dropping out of my mouth, "I can't tell if you're​ right."

"Then let me ask you something," Jacob says.

I nod.

"If she chooses me..." He says.

"She won't," I cut in.

"If she did.....Would you try to kill me?" He asks.

A smile finds its way to my lips as I chuckle out loud, "That's an intriguing idea. But no...I couldn't hurt her like that."

"So you'd just turn her into a blood-sucking demon like you?" He snaps.

I shake my head, "I don't want that. I never wanted that." 

"So stop her," he states like it the most obvious thing in the world.

"I tried. I left," I reply.

"But you gave up too quickly. If you'd stayed away another six months....I could've made her happy. Trust me," he says glancing down at Bella, "You have to consider...that I might be better for her than you are."

I inhale an unnecessary breathe, "I have considered that. I know you can protect her. But you can give her a life, human life. That's all I want for her."

It falls into an eerie silence.

"I'm not..." I start catching Jacob's eyes, "I'm not gonna force her into anything ever again. The last time I tried, it almost killed us both."

"Yeah. That I remember," Jake states thinking about how depressed Bella got when I left. I flinch in sadness trying to block out his thoughts.

"When you thought she was gone...that you'd lost her...how did you...cope?" He ask me thoughtfully.

"There are no words. But I wouldn't wish it on anyone, Jacob," I say a small smile on my face.

I fiddle with my fingers as I look up at Jacob, "This might sound odd, but I'm glad you're​ here."

"Meaning..." He chuckles, "as much as I'd love to kill you I'm glad she's warm."

I shake my head at his sarcasm, "If we weren't natural enemies...and you weren't trying to steal my reason for existing...I might actually like you."

"Well...if you weren't planning on sucking the life out of the girl I love...I might...," He scoffs shaking his head, "No. Not even then."

I couldn't help but smile widely at him.

"But she could still change her mind, you know," Jacob explains, a hopeful look in his eyes.

I sigh, thinking about my beloved, "Then I'd let her go."

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««