•I Love Messes•

Mulai dari awal

     "We should do something instead of sitting in here," he says, sitting up on his elbows. We've been laying in the dorm talking while smoking the joint Alaric left me the other day. He's better company when going through emotional trauma than on any given day.
     "What is there to do?" I ask. The glint in his eyes is mischievous. It excites me, but also makes me worried about what he might say. Atticus hasn't even as much as texted me the last few days; I'm bored. Not in THAT way, just...in general. I need to do something with myself either that be with Zav or Alaric.
    "Legal oooorrr?"
    "I'd prefer the legal options," I answer with a laugh. He hands me the joint back, somehow not coughing up a storm.
   "I actually don't know," he says. I can't help but last at his lack of legal fun activities. Alaric and I were the same growing up, finding causing trouble more fun than going to the park.
    "Illegal?" He chuckles, smiling at me. I'm in trouble.
   "Let's go."
    ••••••
                       ~Atticus's POV~

       After Tobias got done with his date with someone he won't name, he decided to come here to bug me. He's a very talkative person, which makes me wonder how our friendship has lasted from kindergarten to twenty-six. My lack of interest in the conversation has only led him to bombard me with questions.
    "You're more grumpy than usual," he says. I roll my eyes. I'm not grumpy. "I come here after having a great time on a date thinking hanging out with my best friend will be a good idea, but no. I come over here for your grumpy ass just to nod and say "yeah.""
    "I'm sorry," I say, rubbing my eyes. If it weren't for my foul mood I'm sure I'd be having a good time. "What did you do with your date?" I ask, still curious to know the mystery person's name.
    "We went down to the beach and had dinner. It was relaxing and nice to be around someone like him," he says. I nod, happy he's happy. He's not the type of person who dates commonly, only if he feels strongly about the person. He'll try to push feelings for the longest time before finally coming to his senses. "I want to see him again."
    "How'd you meet?" I'm expecting an answer right away, but it doesn't come. He just looks at me like a deer caught in headlights. "What?"
   "If I tell you that you'll know who it is," he says. My eyes narrow, completely confused to what he could be saying. Usually, he'll just out and tell me things. There isn't any reason for him not to this time. "T-that boy we helped who got shot; him. We've been talking through text and I finally got the balls to ask him out."
    My eyes nearly pop out of my head. Alaric and he are the last people I would expect to have any relation. Toby is a relatively serious and laid back person, Alaric is only serious when something's seriously wrong or dying. Not only those things, but he's an outlaw. I'm not one to judge though, my girlfriend killed someone.
    "You sure know how to pick 'em," I say with a laugh. He slaps the back of my head, relaxing into the couch. I look down at my phone, hoping to maybe see a message from her. At this point I know he's going to have to be me to reach out after ignoring all her attempts.
    "Dude, what's wrong with you?" He asks, grabbing my phone out of my hand and looking at the screen. "Trouble in paradise with your doctor friend?"
    "Girlfriend," I say. His eyes widen. "I fucked up with her and everyone was able to see it other than me. I'll be surprised if she talks to me anytime soon."
    His eyes lower, handing me back my phone. "Y-you didn't...you know-"
   "No, God no," I say, knowing what he was getting at. Even the thought of laying a hand on Bex in a violent way makes me mad at myself. "Other shit. I want to talk to her, but I'm scared out of my fucking mind she'll end things." She already tried doing it, there's really nothing stopping her now.
    "You really like her?"
   "It's new, very new, but I have a feeling about this, about her. I'm not gonna say I think she's the one or that she's gonna be the one I spend the rest of my life with...but I want her to be."
    He stays quiet, trying to compress his smile. "You're whipped," he says, laughing at me.
   "Actually she is," I mumble, hiding a grin.
   "What?"
   "Nothing." Dear god, I'm starting to get her lack of filter. His work phone starts ringing loudly in his back pocket. He gets up and answers it, rolling his eyes at whatever is being said. Seconds later my phone goes off.
    "Yes?" I ask. Chelsey's turned voice on the other line explains that we need to come in. Tobias and I hang up at the same time, both obviously annoyed to be called in at night.
    "Whoever it is driving around like a fucking crackhead better give us a run for our money, making us come in like this."
    •••••
                       ~Bexley's POV~

      "When you said illegal, I was thinking more vandalism, not starting a high speed pursuit!" I yell at Zav as he turns around the corner, nearly taking someone's mail box. I feel bad for all the people sleeping who will be woken the sirens behind us. I'm not gonna lie, the adrenaline rush feels amazing. I've been able to forget about what happened.
    "We can do that after," he says with a wide smile. I look behind us again, seeing more red and blue lights than before. Two new cop cars pull behind us from one of the streets. Zav starts laughing, looking in his mirror.
     He reaches into the cupboard and grabs his phone. He manages not to crash into anything while pressing someone's contact. The smile on his face is contagious. I'm also very impressed by his driving skills and ability to stay calm under pressure.
   "What the hell!" I hear Atticus yell from the other line. Zav laughs again, smiling at the road again. He steps harder in the gas, taking another turn. I let out a quiet giggle, not wanting to be heard.
    "Can you get off my ass like that. You're about to rear-end me," he jokes. I cover my mouth with my hand, trying not to laugh. "This is an expressive car, so I'll kick your ass."
    "Pull over!" The sound of gunshots makes me tense, no linger finding humor in the situation.
   "Can you tell your little friends to stop shooting?" He asks, making two random turns, one knocking over a few trash cans and causing a big one to move, which I'm sure that was on purpose. It gives him time to get further ahead while they work around the trash. "You guys sick at your jobs." With that he hands up, putting his phone in his pocket. He slows down just a little, seeing the lights in the distance now.
    He turns into where the local camp sights are. Parking as if we're just visiting, we jump out without any second thought and start running. We both smile as we make our way into the tall trees, getting swallowed by the darkness.
    "Oh fuck," I whisper, hunching over to catch my breath. Zav laughs, leaning against one of the trees. Sweat makes some of his hair stick to the top of his forehead. Starting to correct my breathing, I smile over at him. "Thank you."
    "Anytime, Love."

    AN: Ugh, this chapter had so much that had to be cut out in order for it to not be super long ☹️ Thankfully, they were just filler parts but still...not happy about it. Zav and Bex are having some good times together, giving Atticus and Toby a "chase for their money." Ugh, I love them together (as friends). I really hope you guys enjoyed!
     Question: What do you think of Zav and Bex's friendship? Do you think it should be something more?

 I really hope you guys enjoyed!      Question: What do you think of Zav and Bex's friendship? Do you think it should be something more?

     Our favorite brothers 😍