35

Jack pushes his food around his plate. I can tell he wants to say something.

"You don't know anything about Meg" He says still looking at his plate. I can't hlp but laugh. His head snaps up to look at me. "What?"

"No actually you don't know anything about her"

"I do"

"Did she tell you that she's been with 30 guys this year?"

"Yes actually"

"And you're cool with that?" I say before taking a mouthful of food

"Well yeah. We all make mistakes" He says staring at me. I know he means that he made a mistake ever liking me.

"Yeah we do" I say bluntly. I finish my food and pick up my plate. "Thank you for dinner Mrs Gilnsky"

"It's quite aright Indigo. I think you've known me long enough to call me Katherine now"

"Thanks M-Katherine" I smirk. I take my plate to the kitchen and put it in the dishwasher. I make my way upstairs. I flop down on my bed and pull out my phone. I have several texts from Nash and Cameron.

(N= Nash, C= Cameron, I= Indigo)

N: Dude I feel so bad for Indigo

C: Same. I know I was a complete shitball to her.

N: Nah, it was my fault. I basically forced her.

C: But I knew you like her. Never fuck your best friend's girl.

N: She's not my girl

C: Open your eyes dude

N: Yeah I like her

C: There's more than that

N: What do you want to hear? That I was a complete idiot for letting him go all those years ago? That I can't get her out of my mind? That everytime I see her my heart skips 123456789 beats? Because there I said it

C: Then why don't you grow some balls and tell her all that?

I: He just did

N: What?

I: Group chat geniuses

N: Shit

I: I love you Nash, I really do. But we've already been through all of this. We've been best friends for ages but I can't do it.

C: Can't do what?

I: I just can't do it.

I: I can't do it to Jack.

With that I lock my phone and put my pyjamas on. I start to put Nash's hoodie back over myself but stop in my tracks. I look down at it. Why can't I just like Nash and be with him? Why does Jack have to ruin everything? Why am I letting him?

There's a knock at the door. Jack peeps around the side of the door.

"Do you hate me?" He says softly.

"I don't know" I say. He comes inside the room.

"Can we talk?" He walks closer to me. I slump down onto the bed. "Not shout at eachother. Just talk"

"Okay" I move along the bed so he can sit next to me. He sits cross legged on the bed facing me.

"Please just look at me" I sqirm on the bed and mirror his position. "Look, Indie, I'm so sorry"

"Same" I say bluntly.

"I know I'm not your favourite person right now"

"Yup"

"But I need your help"

"With what?"

"Meg"

"I want nothing to do with her. You're on your own"

"Indie. Listen to me"

"Don't call me that"

"What have I done?"

"You don't want me to shout at you"

"Forget it. Forget I said anything to you about her. I'll manage on my own." He says throwing his hands in the air in surrender. He gets up and leaves the room.

I pull out my phone again.

N: It's okay, I get it.

I: You know what? Screw him.

C: What are you saying?

I: Nash do you wanna hang out tomorow? Before you go away?

N: Sure! 10 am?

I: Well I'm going shopping with Molly tomorrow morning and I don't know what time we will be back. I'll text you yeah?

N: Okay, can't wait ;)

C: Get a room ;)

N: Shut up Cameron