24

*7 months later*

"Hey school it's the last few days of school left for seniors.We wanna shout out our players of the year." I heard over the p.a.

"Ooh girl they will say you!" Aria said.

I rolled my eyes. "No they won't."

"Girl you made that team win the championship." Aria said.

I smiled a little. " I did didn't I?" I said.

Aria laughed.

"The first is : Jabez Villalobos a 12th grader.He has drive and plays the game well. Jabez is a star athlete he's been athlete of the week 15 times this year.

"Of course." I whispered. "I'm literally cringing who wrote this script?"

"Next we have Tommy Chau. Amazing at track."

"My baby!!!!" Aria said making everyone stare. "Sorry." Aria said embarrassed.

I giggled. "It's okay to be proud of your man."

They kept going and it felt like forever. I put my head down until I heard my name. I looked up and saw everyone clapping for me.

"A transfer student from Florida who helped our girls team win the basketball state championship. She's received 4 year ride. We hope you succeed Asia at any college you go to."

"Girl! I told you."

"I'm...shocked." I said.

"We will have all our student athletes who were mentioned do a photo shoot. The photo shoot will be May 31st. Key club meeting will be cancelled.Have a good rest of your day."

The bell rang and we left the class. Makayla picked us up and I went home. I told my mom who was passed out on the bed from being drunk.

"I just can't believe it." I said.

"I know right. She's been like this all day. Momma get up." Makayla said.

"She's talking about what happened today."

"Oh what happened?" Makayla asked sitting my mom up.

"Asia's is one of the players of the year. Ya know because she won the championship."

"Oh my gosh that's great news."

"I know." I said smiling.

"Jabez got it too." Aria said rolling her eyes. "Oh and my baby TOMMY!"

Makayla rolled her eyes. "You're literally obsessed with Tommy..anyways so what Jabez got in."

"Right..he's the reason I started playing again though." I said.

"Really? I didn't even know." Makayla said.

"Yeah but I have to do this photo shoot." I said.

"Do you wanna do this in the future?" Makayla asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Like play basketball."

"Well yeah. I started to like it again. I felt like a kid again."

"That's good. I think you'll do good as a basketball player." Makayla said smiling.

"Thanks."

I went upstairs and laid down. I took out my phone and looked through my phone. I stopped when I saw a text from "DO NOT ANSWER". I sighed and looked at it. It read: "I know we're not on speaking terms but I just wanted to say congrats on the full ride. I heard what school you're going too. I'm going too. 😉"

The fuck?! Why is he going to the same school as me? I texted back.

Me: Thnx. - 4:07 pm

DO NOT ANSWER: That's it? You're still stuck up? After a this time? - 4:08 pm

Stuck up? What is he talking about.

I ignored it and studied for my final exams. Aria came in and jumped on my bed. "Hey sis can you help me on this Chemistry exam. You know I didn't focus. Plus I know you passes it."

"Sure." I said grabbing my phone. "Ugh why is Jabez still texting me."

"And I OOP!" Aria yelled grabbing my phone. "Oh wow he's really riding your dick."

"Well he needs to get off. I don't get why he's trying to act different now. He's with Diamond anyways."

"Maybe he sees what he's missing out on. You're really his dream girl. Y'all be a perfect couple if you too didn't fight so much."

I looked at her like she was crazy. "It'll never happen. I'm gonna focus on school. I don't need him." I said.

"I guess."

"Aria I don't need a man to be happy." I said referring to her and Tommy.

"chance?" Aria said.

"Aria no! You see what he did to me? He tried to "expose me" to his fans on live. He called me out my name. I'll never trust him again."

"He was hurt."

"I was too but I'd never do anything like that to him. Yes I was wrong for going on live too. He started it though. I've learned now though. I won't ever be childish like that again." I said. I looked up at her. "Him and those messages with Diamond hurt me. I had a got played once again. I could never."