ANOTHER DAY 61

POV SU
"I think I found an apartment," Yue smiles, serving breakfast to me and Dylan.
My brother almost falls off the chair.
"What? When? Where?"  he asks incredulously.
"It's not far from here. I went to visit it yesterday morning ... It's small and cozy, just like I wanted it," explains Yue.
"Since when are you looking for another place to stay ?! You didn't tell me!"  exclaims my brother.
"Wang He Di, that was the agreement: I would have stayed here until I found another accommodation. I certainly can't live in your home forever, right?"
"Our home, Yue. You still have the keys, this will always be your home."
After a moment of silence, Yue returns to smile.
"Would you like to come and see the apartment this afternoon? I would like to hear your opinion," she says.
He nods, then gets up and leaves the house.
"Why are you leaving?"  I ask her, once we are alone.
"Su ... You know it well," she sighs.
"You want to get away from him."
She looks into my eyes and I see all her fears.
"Yueyue ... Stop fighting against your feelings".
"Feelings? What feelings?"
"Those who are pushing you to distance yourself from him because the more you stay together, the more you realize that you have never stopped loving him ... And this terrifies you" I reply, seriously.
Yue snorts and shakes her head, then turns around and starts cleaning the kitchen.
"Am I wrong? Oh, I have to say more? I must add that you are afraid to see him take other girls home? Or that ..."
"In what the hell of a children's shop have your parents bought you?!" she bursts out, turning abruptly towards me, exasperated.
I smile at her and we burst out laughing.
"I just want you to be happy," I whisper.
"I know, puppy ... Thanks".

POV DYLAN
After locking the door of the bookstore, Yue and I get into the car and head to the apartment she was talking about this morning.
When we arrive, we see that the owner is waiting for us outside the door of the building.
"Nice to meet you, sir. Your girlfriend seems intent on living in my apartment, I hope you'll like it too," he says, shaking my hand.
"Oh, she's not my gir..."
"Come on, let's get in!"  he exclaims enthusiastically.
Yue and I exchange a look and follow him.
The man shows us all the rooms.  This place is really small, but it's nice.
"So what do you think?"  the man asks me hopefully.
"The kitchen is tiny, as is the dining room. The bedroom is too dark. There is no living room. The bathroom has horrible tiles and the choice of furniture is really questionable," I reply.
I don't know why I'm acting like this ... I feel angry and can't do anything about it.
Yue gives me a disappointed look.
"Well, if you want to make some changes, we can talk about it," the man tells me.
"No! I like it that way!"  exclaims Yue.
"You would go to live in a tent in the garden, just to leave our house!"  I burst out, unable to restrain myself.
"You're an idiot, Wang He Di!"
"Er ... I leave you alone for a while, so you can discuss it calmly ... See you later!"  the man hastily leaves the apartment, as if he was afraid of finding himself soon involved in an armed conflict.
"It's just small, but it's a really nice place and it would cost me little," explains Yue, trying to stay calm.
"Small? It's microscopic!"
"So then? I'm microscopic too! It's perfect for a single, tiny person, isn't it?" she replies.
"Do as you please, but for me this is a great idiocy" I mutter.
"Why? What's so absurd?"
"It is absurd that you want to waste money on this place when you already have a home!"
"Didi, do you want to wake up?! How long do you think we can go on like this?"
"Like this?"  the conversation is taking a bad turn.
"Like this. How long can we fall asleep crouched on the sofa as if it were a normal thing, Didi? How long can we hug each other as soon as we wake up in the morning? I don't ... That's not what friends do, right?  We already learned it, years ago, right? We have to stop it. I don't want all this. We have to distance ourselves "
I feel my heart breaking into a thousand pieces.
"You're doing it again," I murmur.
"What?"
"You're leaving me again."
Her eyes fill with tears.
"I was wrong to come back. Sorry," she whispers, her voice trembling.
I go out and leave, slamming the door behind me.

POV YUE
I fall into one of the kitchen chairs.  The owner of the apartment has not yet returned.  I'm so confused ... Su is right, I still love him.  I never stopped loving him.
And the more we are together, the more this love upsets my soul.
Suddenly a strong thunder makes the windows of the apartment vibrate.
I cling to the chair, trying not to panic.  During these years, I had to learn to manage my fear on my own.
Another thunder, stronger.
Damn.
"Shen Yue?"  is the voice of Dylan.
Did he come back?
He enters the kitchen and with two quick steps reaches me and lifts me, hugging me tightly.
"Didi ..."
"Don't leave. Don't leave me," he says softly.
"Didi, I ..."
"I need you, Shen Yue. Please ..."
I move away slightly to look into his eyes.
"This is not friendship, Didi" I say, stroking his face.
I give him a kiss on the forehead and I continue: "This constant desire to have you beside me, ever closer, is not friendship. This fear of losing you is not friendship. Our looks are not friendship. Our embraces are not friendship. I... In these five years away from you, I have never really tried to forget you, I confess. How could I forget you? You are ... You are the most important person in my life. In fact, you are my life. I know that these feelings of mine will never fade, I am sure of it. So, now ... Now that I have you here again, now that I can hold you again and laugh with you, talk to you, play, fight with you ... I am  terrified of the idea of ​​being able to lose you again. Why do I want to leave your house? Our house? I would never do it. I would like to live there all my life. But I wouldn't survive if I had to lose you again ... Didi, we can't be friends, we have to... "
Some tears start flowing down his face and I lack the strength to keep talking.
"This time I won't let you escape, Shen Yue. You can say whatever you want, you can take a spaceship and escape to another planet, I don't care. I won't leave you. I love you. Do you understand how much I love you? Can you see it? Can you feel it? I loved you even when I hated you, all this time. You're right, we can't be friends. To hell friendship! How can I be your friend if every time I see you I'm out of breath and I just want to kiss you for  hours and hours ... I need you. Without you I didn't even know who I was anymore, do you understand? I've come back to life since you came back here with your colors, with your blinding yellow! "  he laughs, through tears.
He rests his forehead against mine.  I feel his breath caressing my face and I close my eyes.
My voice, in my head, screams those three words so hard that it hurts.
"Say it," Dylan whispers, as if he had read my mind.
"Say you love me and I swear I'll keep you close to me forever. No more pain. No more tears. No more anger and sense of emptiness. Say it," he insists, without pulling his forehead from mine.
It is the moment.  I want to be happy.  I want to go back to being myself.  I want to breathe again.
"I love you" I say in a whisper.
In one second, Dylan's lips catch mine, in a kiss full of love and passion and need to finally feel to be just one thing.
He holds me closer to him.
"Excuse me, have you decided if ... Oops! Sorry! Wow!"
We turn, breathless, to the man.
"Er ... Yes, we decided. Sorry, but this apartment is too small for both of us," explains Dylan, while I try to recompose myself.
After greeting him, we go out and run to Didi's car, under the rain.
"Let's go home" I smile.
"Let's go home".
Another kiss.  And then another.  In that yellow car that has seen us grow up.

Author's corner
Ciao!  Again ☺️
Someone asked me for a double  update and ... Here it is 🤭
I look forward to reading your comments ❤️ thank you 💛💜
A big hug,
Lucrezia